NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK (NAB) Shares
ABOUT NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK
National Australia Bank Limited is one of the four largest financial institutions in Australia in terms of market capitalisation, earnings and customers.
This international banking group operates in Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Asia and the United States. The group offers banking services, credit and access card facilities, leasing, housing and general finance, international and investment banking, wealth and funds management and life insurance.
National Australia Bank Limited was formed as National Commercial Banking Corporation of Australia Limited in 1982 through a merger between National Bank of Australasia and the Commercial Banking Company of Sydney.
Its headquarters is in Melbourne, Australia
OVERVIEW OF NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK
- National Australia Bank Limited is organised into eight divisions, spread across two geographic regions. National Australia Bank Limited’s majority of financial services businesses operate in Australia and New Zealand, with branches in Asia, the UK and the US. Key businesses include business and private banking, consumer banking and wealth, corporate and institutional banking and New Zealand banking.
- Major brands currently include nab, UBank and MLC in Australia, and BNZ in New Zealand. It has a global supply chain of approximately 1 820 contracted suppliers from different sectors.
- National Australia Bank Limited’s customer products and services include banking and wealth products, strategy, digital, labs or ventures, marketing and corporate affairs.
- Consumer banking and wealth management includes the distribution components of wealth management.
- Today they employ more than 30 000 people serving over nine million customers at more than 800 locations in Australia, New Zealand and around the world.
VISION & VALUES OF NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK
- National Australia Bank Limited do business with suppliers with similar values, ethics and sustainable business practices, including those related to human rights.
- It recognises that business conduct has a significant impact on its performance and reputation within the communities in which it operates.
- The scope of their policies, processes and systems are reflecting their responsibility towards environmental, social and governance risks as well as respect for people.
- National Australia Bank Limited does not tolerate slavery, human trafficking, forced or child labour or child exploitation and has several policies in place to assist in managing these issues.
- National Australia Bank Limited follows this sustainable value chain to ensure that current and future needs of both customers and shareholders who purchase shares with the company are met and aims to maximise the value of returns, income levels and growth for shareholders.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK
- National Australia Bank Limited’s shares trade on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) under the stock symbol NAB, listed in the Financial sector.
- Highlights of the company’s performance, as per its 2019 half-year report showed net profit increased by US Dollar 111 million or 4.3%. Cash earnings increased by US Dollar 195 million or 7.1%. Operating expenses increased by US Dollar 66 million or 1.7%.
- At the end of the previous year revenue had increased to US Dollar 19.101 billion and the company’s total assets increased to US Dollar 806.51 billion.
- Due to National Australia Bank Limited’s continued performance on this market shareholders can buy or sell shares with confidence and expect sound dividends and from 2019 and further.
Buy NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?