MERCK & CO Stocks (MRK) Stocks
ABOUT MERCK & CO
Merck & Co., Inc., an American multinational pharmaceutical company, was founded in 1891 as a subsidiary of the German company, Merck, and is headquartered in Kenilworth, New Jersey, in the U.S. Outside U.S borders the company is known as Merck Sharp & Dohme (MSD). It is one of the biggest pharmaceutical companies in the world.
The German company, Merck was founded in 1668 by the Merck family. The U.S government expropriated Merck & Co during World War I, and the company was established as an independent U.S. company in the 1970s. The original Merck, based in Darmstadt in Germany, still holds the rights to the Merck name outside U.S borders.
Merck & Co., Inc. operates through four divisions: Pharmaceutical, Animal Health, Healthcare Services and Alliances. The company sells its human-health pharmaceutical products to drug retailers, hospitals, government agencies and managed health-care providers. These products consist of therapeutic and preventative agents, mainly sold by prescription, for the treatment of human disorders.
The Animal Health segment develops, manufactures and distributes animal health-care products, including vaccines. Its products are sold to veterinarians, distributors and animal producers. Today, the company employs approximately 69 000 people globally.
You might also like: MEDTRONIC PLC STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF MERCK & CO
- Merck & Co, Inc. supplies products through a variety of health-care divisions such as Primary Care and Women’s Health, Hospital and Speciality, Oncology and Diversified Brands and Vaccines.
- Some of the company’s primary health care brands include Zetia, Vytorin, Atoxet, Januvia, and Vytorin. Its women’s health products include contraceptive products such as the NuvaRing, Implanon, Nexplanon, and the fertility treatment Follistim AQ.
- Merck & Co., Inc.’s major products include: Januvia (for diabetes); Zetia (for the treatment of hypercholesterolemia); Remicade (an antibody for the treatment of a range of autoimmune disorders); Gardasil (a vaccine against the human papilloma virus); Keytruda (an immune modulator for the treatment of cancer); and Isentress (an inhibitor for the treatment of HIV infection).
- Merck also started the submission process for a Biologics License Application to the U.S Food and Drug Administration in 2018. This application was for a vaccine, called V920, to fight the Zaire strain of the Ebola virus.
- Merck & Co., Inc. also publishes The Merck Manuals, a series of medical reference books aimed at physicians, nurses and veterinarians.
VALUES OF MERCK & CO
- Merck & Co. Inc.’s mission is to change people’s lives globally through its innovative medicines, vaccines and animal health products. It strives to be the leading research-intensive biopharmaceutical company that leads innovations and offers cutting-edge solutions for the future.
- The company is passionate about the discovery, development and provision of superior products and services that save lives and improve well-being worldwide. It is guided by its core values in all of its operations. These values serve as the company’s foundation of trust.
- These values include honesty and transparency, accountability, respect, trust, innovations and excellence, to name but a few.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF MERCK & CO
- Merck & Co. Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “MRK”.
- In 2018, the company recorded revenue of USUS Dollar 42.294 billion and net income of USUS Dollar 6.220 billion, with total assets valued at USUS Dollar 82.637 billion.
- Shareholders, who buy and sell company shares, can expect sound dividends and returns on their investment.
You might also like: MCDONALD’S STOCKS
LATEST NEWS MERCK & CO
Buy MERCK & CO stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase MERCK & CO Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy MERCK & CO Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN MERCK & CO STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE MERCK & CO STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of MERCK & CO stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy MERCK & CO stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : MASTERCARD INCORPORATED STOCKS