Mercado Libre Stocks
MERCADO LIBRE (MELI) Stocks
ABOUT MERCADO LIBRE
Mercado Libre, Inc. is an Argentine company in the United States that operates online marketplaces dedicated to e-commerce and online auctions.
Since 2016, Mercado Libre had 174.2 million users in Latin America. The company has operations in Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Peru, Panama, Uruguay and Venezuela. Today it has over 7 600 employees.
Marcos Galperin found the company in 1999 while attending Stanford University. The company bought competitor DeRemate’s operations in 2008 as well as Classified Media Group (CMG). In 2011, it changed it platform to open source technology. This allowed application interface developers (APIs) to expand the platform’s solutions and services.
In 2016, Mercado Libre relocated its Brazilian headquarters to new offices in São Paulo, Brazil. It also announced its expansion into Córdoba, Argentina with its new software center.
The first Colombian office opened in Bogotá. It was the company’s fourth customer service center in Latin America. Its other customer service centers are in Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay. In 2017, eBay opened its first branded store on the Mercado Libre marketplace from Chile.
OVERVIEW OF MERCADO LIBRE
- Mercado Libre, Inc. is an e-commerce company. It enables commerce through its marketplace platform in Latin America. It facilitate commercial transactions through its design to provide users with a portfolio of services.
- It operates, among other, in Argentine, Brazil, Mexico Venezuela and other countries. It also has online commerce platforms in Bolivia, the Dominical Republic, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Portugal and Salvador.
- It offers an ecosystem of six integrated e-commerce services: the Mercado LibreMarketplace, the Mercado LibreClassifieds Service, the MercadoPago payments solution, the MercadoLibre advertising program, the MercadoShops online Webstores solution, and the MercadoEnvios shipping service.
VISION & VALUES OF MERCADO LIBRE
- Mercado Libre’s mission is to democratize commerce and be the leading eCommerce ecosystem in Latin America Product. Its values are integrity, transparency and autonomy.
- Behaviors, symbols and systems creates culture in the company, and executives have gone to great lengths to design business processes and practices through this focus.
- This discipline separates this company from those who do a great job talking about their culture and values, but do not go deeper to deliberately design and align decisions, practices and processes to drive actions and behaviors that advance culture.
- Shareholders who purchase company shares can rest assured of superior value.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF MERCADO LIBRE
- Mercado Libre, Inc. trades on NASDAQ and lists under the stock symbol MELI. The company forms part of the NASDAQ 100.
- Net revenues for the second quarter of 2019 were $ 545.2 million, a year-over-year increase of 62.6% in USD and 102.1% on an FX neutral.
- Gross profit was $ 272.4 million with a margin of 50.0%. Total operating expenses were $ 284.9 million, an increase of 51.6% year-over-year in USD.
- Net income was $ 16.2 million, resulting in basic net income per share of $ 0.31.
LATEST NEWS MERCADO LIBRE
Buy MERCADO LIBRE stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase MERCADO LIBRE Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy MERCADO LIBRE Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN MERCADO LIBRE STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE MERCADO LIBRE STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of MERCADO LIBRE stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy MERCADO LIBRE stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?