MEDIBANK PRIVATE (MPL) Shares
ABOUT MEDIBANK PRIVATE
Medibank Private Limited (Medibank), an Australian private health insurance provider, was founded in 1975 and has its headquarters in the suburb of Docklands, Melbourne. It is the country’s second largest insurance provider and has about 3.8 million members. It had is origin as an Australian Government business enterprise, but was privatised in 2014.
Today, it operates as a publicly listed company on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX).
The company was established by the Whitlam Government through the Health Insurance Commission. Its objective was to provide competition to private “for-profit” health funds so that these funds would keep premiums at a reasonable level. Medibank Private Limited acquired Wollongong-based insurer ahm (Australian Health Management) in 2009.
It also merged with the HAS Group to create a health solutions division that focuses on occupational health services and health coaching programmes to help Australians manage serious health conditions such as diabetes.
Today, the company employs approximately 2 700 people across its operations.
OVERVIEW OF MEDIBANK PRIVATE
- Medibank Private Limited underwrites and distributes private health insurance policies under two brands: Medibank and ahm. The company conducts its operations through two segments: Health Insurance and Complementary Services.
- Health Insurance provides private health-insurance products such as hospital cover and extras cover, either as stand-along products or packaged products that combine the two. Hospital cover includes health cover for hospital treatments, whilst extras include cover for healthcare services such as dental, optical and physiotherapy. This segment also offers its products to overseas visitors and – students.
- Complementary Services provides health management services and a portfolio of telehealth services in Australia and New Zealand. This segment also contracts with government and private customers.
VISION & VALUES OF MEDIBANK PRIVATE
Medibank Private’s mission is to enable better health for better lives. All its activities are geared towards improving the health and well-being of its clientele so they can lead quality lives. The company is guided in its operations by a set of core values.
Its customers come first, it is accountable in all of its operations, and it promotes diversity and inclusion. It also takes responsibility for all of its activities and outcomes.
The Medibank culture embraces differences and rewards action. This people-centred business model fosters trust, promotes growth and adds value for shareholders who purchase company stock.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF MEDIBANK PRIVATE
- Medibank Private Limited trades on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) under the stock symbol MPL.
- For fiscal 2019, the company’s operating profit increased by 1.9% to US Dollar 106.2 million and net investment income also increased by 7.5%, to US Dollar 102.8 million.
- This solid performance affords shareholders who buy or sell company shares the confidence to do so in the expectation of satisfactory dividends and returns.
Buy MEDIBANK PRIVATE stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase MEDIBANK PRIVATE Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy MEDIBANK PRIVATE Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN MEDIBANK PRIVATE STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE MEDIBANK PRIVATE STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of MEDIBANK PRIVATE stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy MEDIBANK PRIVATE stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?