MCDONALD’S (MCD) Stocks
McDonald’s Corporation is one of the world’s largest food service retailers and the largest restaurant chain by revenue. McDonald’s has over 37 000 locations in more than 100 countries.
More than 69 million customers are served by 210 000 employees every day.
Approximately 90 percent of the restaurants in the United States and 80 percent of the restaurants in other countries are owned independently. Customers can buy quick-to-prepare, good quality food from community-relevant menus.
You might also like: MASTERCARD INCORPORATED STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF MCDONALD’S
- In 1940 two brothers, Mac and Dick McDonald, opens the first McDonalds restaurant in San Bernardino, California.
- A few years later Ray Kroc becomes the franchise agent for McDonald’s and opens the first restaurant in Des Plaines for McDonald’s System, Inc.
- In 1961 McDonald’s System, Inc. buys the McDonald’s rights for the price of US Dollar 2.7million from the brothers.
- The company’s portfolio quickly expands with the opening of franchises across the world. McDonald’s initial public offering takes place on the 21st of April, 1965.
- In 1974 the first Ronald McDonald House opens. This charity’s goal is to provide resources to sick children and their families.
VALUES OF MCDONALD’S
- McDonald’s is dedicated to provide a wonderful experience to every client. Whether it is to provide quality food, support local charities or create job opportunities, each franchise is committed to the community from which they operate while following the McDonald’s business model.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities does its part in creating a sustainable planet. A few of its many goals are to improve water efficiency, energy efficiency and waste management.
- McDonald’s uses packaging that is made from recycled, certified or renewable sources. The company has recycled over 1 million tons of boxes and removed more than 300 million pounds of packaging. This reduced waste by 30 percent.
- Restaurants’ regular lights are replaced by LED lights and in doing this, 100 587 metric tons carbon dioxide emissions are reduced, the same effect as removing over 21 000 cars from the road for a year. The company has hundreds of programs that work with charities and provide access to health and education.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF MCDONALD’S
- McDonald’s trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol MCD.
- Analysis data for McDonald’s first quarter ending the 31st of March, 2019, shows revenues of US Dollar 4,956 million. Operating income is US Dollar 2,094 million and net income is US Dollar 1,328 million. McDonald’s pays quarterly dividends on its common stock to its shareholders.
- The fourth quarter dividend pay-out for 2018 is approximately US Dollar 900 million. The company is on the S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats’ list, as it has been paying and increasing dividend amounts for the past 25 years. The forecast for McDonald’s stock shows positive earnings for the future.
You might also like: JP MORGAN CHASE & CO STOCKS
LATEST NEWS MCDONALD’S
Buy MCDONALD’S stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase MCDONALD’S Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy MCDONALD’S Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN MCDONALD’S STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE MCDONALD’S STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of MCDONALD’S stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy MCDONALD’S stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : JOHNSON & JOHNSON STOCKS