MAXIM INTEGRATED PRODUCTS (MXIM) Stocks
ABOUT MAXIM INTEGRATED PRODUCTS
Maxim Integrated Products, Inc., an American technology company, was incorporated on August 19, 1987 and has its headquarters in San Jose, California. The company designs, manufactures and markets a portfolio of linear and mixed-signal integrated circuits called analog circuits. It also offers a number of high-frequency process technologies and capabilities used in custom designs. The company operates design centres, sales offices and manufacturing facilities worldwide.
The company was founded in April 1983 by a group of nine team members that boasted significant experience in semiconductors design and sales. The founding team comprised Jack Gifford, Dave Bingham, Steve Combs, Lee Evans, Dave Fullagar, Roger Fuller, Rich Hood and Dick Wilenken, all experts in their technological fields.
Through their two-page business plan, these founders managed to raise venture capital of USUS Dollar 9 million to start the company. In its first year of operation the company developed 24 second-source products. This was soon followed by the development of proprietary products that offer greater differentiation and higher profits. Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. is a Fortune 1000 company.
The company’s integrated circuits (ICs) target the automotive, industrial, consumer, communications, data centre, industrial and computing markets. Today, the company employs approximately 7 000 people across its various operations.
HISTORY OF MAXIM INTEGRATED PRODUCTS
- Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. not only manufactures analog circuits but also offers a range of high-frequency process technologies and capabilities for use in custom designs.
- The company’s extensive product portfolio includes switching regulators, charge pumps, linear regulators, light emitting diode (LED) drivers, motor driver integrated circuits (ICs), transceivers, controllers and expanders, signal line protection ICs and broadband switches. It also offers universal serial bus (USB) products, current loop products, powerline communications, real-time clocks, embedded security, data loggers and a variety of other related products.
- These products are aimed at the automotive end market such as powertrain, body electronics and infotainment as well as safety and security. The company also focuses on the communications and data center end markets with products aimed at base stations, data center, data storage, telecom and other communications. Products designed for the computing end market include desktop computers, peripherals and notebook computers.
- The company’s consumer product portfolio includes smart phones, digital cameras, handheld computers and mobility and fitness wearables as well as home entertainment and appliances. Its most prominent competitors include Analog Devices, Inc. Intersil Corporation, Silicon Laboratories and Samsung Semtech Corporation.
VISION & VALUES OF MAXIM INTEGRATED PRODUCTS
- Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. has, over the years, built a rich history and culture of innovation that rewards innovative thinking, teamwork and personal growth. The company believes in collaboration as it makes all things possible.
- It is people- and goal orientated. The company embraces values such as integrity, responsibility and accountability. Great achievements take collaboration and teamwork.
- By challenging the status quo it manages to accelerate growth and add value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF MAXIM INTEGRATED PRODUCTS
- Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “MXIM”. The company is an S&P 500 and a NASDAQ-100 component.
- The company’s solid performance in the market affords shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of lucrative dividends and returns.
- In 2018, it recorded total revenue of USUS Dollar 2.48 billion and net income of USUS Dollar 467 million. Its total assets were valued at USUS Dollar 4.452 billion.
LATEST NEWS MAXIM INTEGRATED PRODUCTS
Buy MAXIM INTEGRATED PRODUCTS stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase MAXIM INTEGRATED PRODUCTS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy MAXIM INTEGRATED PRODUCTS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN MAXIM INTEGRATED PRODUCTS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE MAXIM INTEGRATED PRODUCTS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of MAXIM INTEGRATED PRODUCTS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy MAXIM INTEGRATED PRODUCTS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?