MASTERCARD INCORPORATED (MA) Stocks
ABOUT MASTERCARD INCORPORATED
Mastercard Incorporated (stylized as Mastercard), a global financial services corporation, was founded as the Interbank Card Association in 1979, and is headquartered in Purchase, New York, in the United States. Its Global Operations headquarters is situated in O’Fallon, Missouri.
Mastercard, Inc. is a technology company involved in the payments industry, and connects consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and business worldwide. The company’s payment solutions enable the development and implementation of debit, credit, prepaid, commercial and payment programs and solutions.
Its primary business is to process payments between the banks of merchants and the card-issuing banks, or credit unions of the purchases who utilize the “Mastercard” brand. Mastercard Worldwide became a publicly traded company in 2006. Prior to 2006, Mastercard Worldwide was a cooperative owned by approximately 25 000 financial institutions that offered these branded cards.
Mastercard was created by an alliance of a number or regional bankcard associations in response to Bank of America’s BankAmericard, which later became the Visa credit card.
Mastercard, Inc. also provides a range of value-added products and services that include safety and security products, loyalty and reward programs, information and analytics services, consulting services, and issuer- and acquirer processing services. Today, Mastercard, Inc. employs approximately 13 500 people worldwide.
You might also like: JP MORGAN CHASE & CO STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF MASTERCARD INCORPORATED
- Mastercard Incorporated was originally known as Interbank, and then “MasterCharge”.
- The company provides payment services and solutions under the MasterCard, Maestro, and Cirrus brands. Mastercard Inc. is in alliance with Finexio, and in a strategic partnership with Network International, to develop electronic payment solutions in Africa and the Middle East.
- Mastercard, Inc.’s credit card services enable issuers to provide consumers with cards that allow user to defer payment. Its debit card division supports a variety of payment products and solutions that allow customers to provide clients with access to funds in deposits and other accounts. The company also provides prepaid payment programs through its brands.
- These programs enable switching- and issuer processing of prepaid travel cards for financial institutions, retailers, telecommunication companies, travel agents, foreign-exchange bureaus, colleges and universities, governments and airlines.
- Mastercard, Inc. focuses on specific segments, such as government programs (social security payments), commercial programs (payroll and employee benefits), and consumer reloadable programs for individuals and users of electronic payments.
- Mastercard, Inc.’s professional services group, MasterCard Advisors, offers analysis, datadriven consulting and marketing services solutions. Its information services group offers a variety of data analytics and products, such as reports, benchmarks, models and insights.
VALUES OF MASTERCARD INCORPORATED
- Mastercard Incorporated. is passionate about providing cutting-edge technology to its customers worldwide in order to make payments safe, simple and smart.
The company’s operations are grounded in a set of core values that dictates its relationships with employees, customers and stakeholders.
- It regards trust as paramount, and always acts with integrity and respect. Management encourages openness and dialogue. Employees work as a cohesive team to the benefit of retailers, clients, business partners, governments, and the communities in which the company operates.
- Mastercard Inc. delivers value through innovation and the execution of its services. It is empowered to take bold action, and its employees hold themselves accountable for their actions, and for delivering results.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF MASTERCARD INCORPORATED
- Mastercard Incorporated is organized as a cooperative of banks, and had its initial public offering in May, 2006. It trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “MA”.
- Mastercard ranked #236 on the 2018 Fortune 500 list of the largest U.S corporations by revenue. The company’s global presence and strong financials boost investor confidence.
- Shareholders who buy and sell company stock can expect solid dividends and returns. In 2017, Mastercard recorded revenue of USUS Dollar 12,497 billion and net income of USUS Dollar 3.915 billion, with total assets valued at USUS Dollar 21.329 billion.
You might also like: JOHNSON & JOHNSON STOCKS
LATEST NEWS MASTERCARD INCORPORATED
Buy MASTERCARD INCORPORATED stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase MASTERCARD INCORPORATED Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy MASTERCARD INCORPORATED Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN MASTERCARD INCORPORATED STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE MASTERCARD INCORPORATED STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of MASTERCARD INCORPORATED stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy MASTERCARD INCORPORATED stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES STOCKS