LOWE’S (LOW) Stocks
Lowe’s Companies Inc. is the world’s second largest home improvement store. Products include several national brand names and private brands. The company’s portfolio includes the selling of appliances, hardware, flooring, paint, lawn and garden, kitchen and bath, as well as lumber and building materials. Retail customers and businesses can shop at Lowe’s Companies, either in-store or online.
Lowe’s Companies is headquartered in Mooresville, North Carolina. The company has almost 200 000 full time and 110 000 part time employees that serve approximately 18 million clients each week. Lowe’s Companies has more than 1 700 home improvement stores located in the United States, almost 300 stores in Canada and an additional 230 dealer-owned stores that the company serves. A total of 209 million square feet of selling space is occupied.
You might also like: LOCKHEED MARTIN STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF LOWE’S
- In 1921 Lowe’s North Wilkesboro Hardware is founded by Lucius Smith Lowe in North Wilkesboro, North Carolina. The store focuses on hardware and building materials after the First World War.
- Between 1949 and 1955, the company expands to other areas in North Carolina, including Sparta, Ashville and Durham.
- Lowe’s Companies become a publicly traded company in October 1961.
- By 1962 the company owns 21 stores. The company starts trading on the NYSE in 1979. Lowe’s Companies soon expand internationally.
- In 2016 Lowe’s Companies buy RONA Inc. for a price of $2.4 billion. The company is now one of the largest retailers in Canada. A year later Lowe’s Companies acquire Maintenance Supply Headquarters.
- The acquisition ensures that the company generates annual sales of approximately $400 million.
VISION & VALUES OF LOWE’S
- Lowe’s Companies is listed as a Fortune 50 company. The company values its community and environment. Lowe’s Companies believe in providing the best quality products and follow a strict code of ethics.
- Goals for the future include investments of $350 million to communities in need, as well as 3 million hours of community service by 2025. The company works on leaving a positive environmental footprint and recycle and reuse to lessen its waste. Lowe’s Companies believe in providing the best quality products and follow a strict code of ethics.
- The company’s vision is to promote sustainable practices through its value chain. Present goals are to offer eco-friendly products to its customers, only stock wood products that are responsibly sourced and make sure that its suppliers have sustainability goals.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF LOWE’S
- Lowe’s Companies trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the stock symbol LOW.
- Analysis data for fiscal 2018 reports net sales of $71.3 billion, an increase of 3.9 percent. Net earnings is $2.3 billion and cash flow from operating activities are $6.2 billion. A total of 31.2 million shares are purchased through the repurchase program and $1.5 billion are paid in dividends.
- The 2019 forecast for Lowe’s Companies show a good time to buy shares as positive progress is being made.
You might also like: KIMBERLEY-CLARK STOCKS
LATEST NEWS LOWE’S
Buy LOWE’S stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase LOWE’S Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy LOWE’S Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN LOWE’S STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE LOWE’S STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of LOWE’S stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy LOWE’S stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : JOHNSON CONTROLS STOCKS