LKQ (LKQ) Stocks
? LKQ Corporation is a supplier of specialty automotive parts and accessories. The company provides its services in North America, Taiwan and Europe. Its portfolio includes replacement systems, equipment, repair parts and components to recreational vehicles, trucks, automobiles and performance vehicles.
LKQ has several segments through which it operates, including Wholesale-North America, Specialty, Self Service as well as Europe.
LKQ Corporation’s headquarters is located in Chicago, Illinois. The company has more than 45 500 employees working in its numerous locations across the globe.
LKQ is a Fortune 500 as well as an S&P 500 Index company.
HISTORY OF LKQ
- In 1998 LKQ Corporation is formed by Donald Flynn with a merger of several recycle companies from Wisconsin, Michigan, Florida and Ohio. The company grows by buying more than 220 specialty vehicle aftermarket equipment, retail businesses, recycled aftermarket and re-manufactured product suppliers.
- One of the major purchases in the company’s history is Keystone Automotive Industries, Inc. in 2007. Keystone adds paint products, bumper covers, alloy wheels and refurbished steel bumpers to LKQ’s portfolio. The company buys automotive aftermarket parts company, Euro Car Parts Holdings Ltd., in 2011 and LKQ expands into the European markets.
- In 2013 LKQ buys a Netherlands’ automotive mechanical aftermarket distribution company named Sator Beheer B.V. This creates the opportunity for LKQ to expand to the Netherlands, Northern France, continental Europe and Belgium.
- The acquisition of Keystone Specialty in 2014 enables the company to add specialty automotive aftermarket equipment.
VISION & VALUES OF LKQ
- LKQ Corporation is proud of its sound business practices when it comes to protecting the environment and sustainability. The company is one of the world’s largest automobile recyclers. It has environmental employees to ensure the company minimizes its impact on the natural environment.
- LKQ’s vehicle salvage operations recycle approximately 95 percent of vehicle materials. These materials include parts that can be reused as well as tires, steel and fluids that are recycled. The company only invests in businesses with a sound environmental practice and compliance. The use of the company’s paper, cardboard and packaging materials are monitored and recycled.
- LKQ Corporation organizes employee relief when natural disasters strike. The company’s foundation contributes to disaster relief efforts that assist families who has been hit by natural disasters. LKQ offers its scholarship fund to help children of employees receive a good education and attend colleges and universities.
- With approximately 350 sites in almost 1 500 operating locations across 20 countries, a huge difference is made with the company’s outreach efforts. Some donate materials and time to assist with local police and fire departments.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF LKQ
- LKQ Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “LKQ”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ended June 30, 2019 reports a revenue of US Dollar 3,248,173 thousand. Total assets are US Dollar 12,704,236 thousand. Operating income for the reported period is US Dollar 236,111 thousand and net income is US Dollar 152,105 thousand.
- Cash and cash equivalents are US Dollar 375,967 thousand. Potential investors can buy shares at a good price.
LATEST NEWS LKQ
Buy LKQ stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase LKQ Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy LKQ Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN LKQ STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE LKQ STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of LKQ stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy LKQ stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?