LIFE HEALTHCARE (LHC) Shares
ABOUT LIFE HEALTHCARE
Life Healthcare Group Holdings, Ltd. is a holding company that operates through its several subsidiaries. The company invests in the private healthcare sector in countries including Africa, India and Poland. Life Healthcare’s portfolio includes the selling of radiopharmaceuticals and provides diagnostic related services across Europe and the United Kingdom. Life Healthcare is one of the largest private hospital operators in South Africa.
Life Healthcare operates from 12 international markets, has 66 healthcare facilities in South Africa and an estimated 2 700 specialists in its network. The company has almost 16 000 full time and part time employees and approximately 600 000 patients are served annually.Some of its facilities include renal dialysis, employee wellness, mental healthcare and rehabilitation services as well as oncology.
Life Healthcare owns 100 percent of Scanmed Multimed in Poland, and another 46.25 percent shares of Max Healthcare in India. The Government Employees Pension Fund, Allan Gray, Brimstone Investment Corporation, Industrial Development Corporation, JP Morgan and Lazard Asset Management are all major shareholders of Life Healthcare.
Life Healthcare’s history dates back to 1996, when a gas company named Afrox, forms Afrox Healthcare. Afrox Healthcare acquires several companies during the next few years. Afrox and PresMed merge and on the 4th of October, 1999, the company is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange as Afrox Healthcare Limited. The company later becomes Life Healthcare and is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange in 2010.
You might also like: LIBERTY HOLDINGS SHARES
VISION & VALUES OF LIFE HEALTHCARE
- Life Healthcare’s vision is to make life better for its clients. Through growth, the company will be a sizable national and international business. Life Healthcare delivers quality care and is a leader in the market.The company ensures that promises are kept to clients, shareholders and employees, while ensuring that a positive client experience is provided at an affordable price.
- Contributing to communities and the environment from which it serves is one the company’s values. Education, community upliftment and health are just some of the initiatives that the Life Foundation contributes to. Life Healthcare’s environmental commitments include the education of environmental practises, recycling, apply solutions to environmental risks as well as managing the impacts of emissions and the use of natural resources.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF LIFE HEALTHCARE
- Life Healthcare trades on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange under the JSEstock symbol LHC.
- Analysis data for this company reports revenue and other income of R23 716 million, an increase from R20 967 million from 2017. Operating profit is R3 848 million, an increase from the previous year’s R3 620 million.
- Cash and cash equivalents are R1 006 million, an increase from the previous year’s R726 million. A total of R466 million are paid in dividends to shareholders the six months ending March, 2018.
- Life Healthcare’s forecast for 2019 predicts positive earnings for potential investors.
You might also like: KUMBA IRON ORE SHARES
Buy LIFE HEALTHCARE stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase LIFE HEALTHCARE Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy LIFE HEALTHCARE Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN LIFE HEALTHCARE STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE LIFE HEALTHCARE STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of LIFE HEALTHCARE stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy LIFE HEALTHCARE stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : KAP INDUSTRIAL SHARES