Legg Mason Stocks
LEGG MASON (LM) Stocks
ABOUT LEGG MASON
Legg Mason, Inc., an American investment management company, was established in 1970 and has its headquarters in Baltimore, Maryland.
The company focuses on asset management and serves a global clientele. It provides products in equities and fixed income, as well as domestic and international liquidity management and alternative investments.
The company was founded through the acquisition of Mason & Co. by Legg & Co, although its earliest roots can be traced back to George Mackubin & Co., established in 1899 to sell stocks on the Baltimore Stock Exchange.
Today, Leg Mason is one of the world’s largest asset managers. It serves individual and institutional investors worldwide. At the end of April, 2018 the company recorded aggregated assets under management of US$ 752.3 billion.
The company operates through a multi-manager business model that allows for all of its subsidiaries to operate independently in their specific segments of the industry. Legg Mason, Inc. stimulates growth through product development, investments in existing affiliates and acquisitions.
Today, Legg Mason, Inc. employs more than 3 200 people across its global operations.
HISTORY OF LEGG MASON
- Legg Mason, Inc. is a holding company to a number of subsidiaries that are principally engaged in asset management and related financial services to institution, corporations, municipalities and individuals.
- Although the company mainly operates in the U.S., it also has offices in countries such as Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Dubai, France, Italy, Germany, Japan, Poland, Singapore and Spain, to name but a few.
- Legg Mason’s Global Asset Management segment offers investment advisory services to individual and institutional clients, and to its own investment funds.
- The company established Legg Mason Fund Adviser, Inc. in 1982 to manage its flagship fund, the Legg Mason Value Trust.
- Legg Mason, Inc. went public in 1983.
VISION & VALUES OF LEGG MASON
- Legg Mason is guided by a set of core values that drives performance, fosters trust, stimulates growth and add value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
- These values include integrity, collaboration and accountability, to name but a few. Management believes in – and takes pride in – all of its operations.
- Its greatest pleasures are to give and to serve its clientele through providing them with excellent products that enhance lives.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF LEGG MASON
- Legg Mason, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol LM. The company is an S&P 400 component.
- For the first fiscal quarter 2019, the company recorded net income of US$ 45.4 million, or $ 0.51 per diluted share.
- Assets under management were valued at US$ 780.2 billion.
- This strong performance affords shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.