LAZARD (LAZ) Stocks
? Lazard Ltd (formerly Lazard Frères & Co.), a financial advisory and asset-management company, was founded in 1848 and has its principal executive offices in New York City, Paris and London.
? The company is engaged in investment banking, asset management and related financial services and primarily serves an institutional clientele. It is the world’s largest independent investment bank.
? The company began as Lazard Frères & Co., a dry-goods merchant store in New Orleans, Louisiana.
? By 1851, it began to serve miners involved in the California Gold Rush, necessitating it expansion into banking and foreign exchange.
? Lazard Ltd. operates from 43 cities in 27 countries in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia and South and Central America.
? The company’s largest office is located at 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York City.
? The company manages billions of dollars across an extensive range of global, regional and country-specific strategies – both traditional and alternative – in listed equity and fixed income.
? Today, Lazard Ltd. employs about 3 000 people across its global operations.
HISTORY OF LAZARD
- Lazard Ltd conducts its business through two primary segments: Financial Advisory and Asset Management. Its global clientele comprises corporations, governments, institutions, partnerships and individuals.
- The Financial Advisory segment provides corporate, institutional, government, partnerships, sovereign and individual clients across the globe with a wide variety of financial advisory services on mergers and other strategic matters, as well as restructurings, capital raising and capital structure.
- Asset Management offers investment solutions and management services in equity and fixed-income strategies, alternative investments and private equity funds to corporations, institutions, governments and sovereign entities.
- The company advises its clientele on a wide range of strategic and financial issues such as the sale of businesses and potential acquisitions, as well as alternatives such as spin-offs, carve-outs and split-offs.
- It also offers advice on all aspects of restructuring.
- Lazard also manages assets on behalf of institutional clients such as corporations, labor unions, foundation, insurance companies and banks, to name but a few, as well as through sub-advisory relationships, broker-dealers and registered advisors.
VISION & VALUES OF LAZARD
- Lazard Ltd prides itself in balancing the feel of a small firm with the scale of a global organization.
- The company’s operations are characterized by an entrepreneurial culture and flat management structure that foster the perfect environment for innovation.
- Its first priority is serving its global clientele to the best of its ability.
- The company conducts its daily activities based on values such as respect, diversity, inclusion, creativity and teamwork.
- By staying true to these values, the company generates growth and adds value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF LAZARD
- Lazard Ltd trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol LAZ. The company is a Russell 1000 component.
- For fiscal 2018, the company recorded total revenue of USUS Dollar 2.826 billion and net income of USUS Dollar 527 million. Its total assets were valued at USUS Dollar 4.997 billion.
- This strong performance bodes well for shareholders as they can buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.