LAS VEGAS SANDS (LVS) Stocks
ABOUT LAS VEGAS SANDS
? Las Vegas Sands Corporation, an American casino and resort company, was founded in 1988 and has its headquarters in Paradise, Nevada.
? The company develops destination properties that offer accommodation-, gaming-, entertainment- and exhibition facilities, as well as celebrity-chef restaurants and related amenities. The company also owns an art- and-science museum in Singapore.
? The company had its origin when a number of entrepreneurs bought the famous Sands Hotel in 1989.
? They then opened the Sands Expo and Convention Centre in 1990. The latter is currently the largest privately-owned facility of its kind in the world.
? Due to the need for more modern resorts, the Sands Hotel was imploded to enable the construction of The Venetian.
? This need for more elegant hotels also necessitated the construction of The Palazzo. Today, the Palazzo, Venetian and Sands Expo make up the largest integrated resort in the world, featuring 7 100 all-suite rooms, 2.3 million square feet of convention space, as well as a variety of shopping, dining and entertainment options.
? In 2004 the Venetian’s parent company, Las Vegas Sands Inc. went public and became Las Vegas Sands Corporation.
? Today, the company employs more than 50 000 people across its global operations.
HISTORY OF LAS VEGAS SANDS
- Las Vegas Sands Corporation conducts its operations in three geographic areas: Macao, Singapore and the U.S. The company owns integrated resorts in Asia and the U.S.
- Its properties in the Macao segment include Sands Cotai Central, Sands Macao, Venetian Macao, The Parisian Macao, Four Season Macao, as well as the company’s ferry- and various other operations. The Marina Bay Sands forms its Singapore segment. The company operates its properties in the U.S. through its Las Vegas Operating Properties division.
- Las Vegas Sands (Sands) has a feel of Venice and offers a 4 000-suite hotel and entertainment complex.
- The company also operates the Venetian Macao on the Cotai Strip in China, as well as four other properties in Macao.
- The Marina Bay Sands in Singapore and the Palazzo in Las Vegas also form part of the company’s Sands portfolio.
- The company derives about 80% of its revenue from outside the U.S.
VISION & VALUES OF LAS VEGAS SANDS
- Las Vegas Sands is wholly committed to the comfort and well-being of its employees and guests.
- It has adopted The Sands ECO360 global sustainability strategy designed to minimize the company’s environmental impact.
- The latter reflects the company’s vision of leading the way in sustainable building development and resort operations.
- It implements core values such as dedication, drive, integrity and innovation in its daily operations.
- Shareholders who purchase company shares are assured of lucrative returns on their investments.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF LAS VEGAS SANDS
- Las Vegas Sands Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol LVS. The company is a Russell 1000 component.
- For the fiscal quarter ended June 30, 2019, the company recorded consolidated net revenue of USUS Dollar 3.33 billion and consolidated adjusted property EBITDA of USUS Dollar 1.27 billion.
- Quarterly dividends per share were US Dollar 0.77. Shareholders who buy or sell company shares can therefore expect solid dividends and returns.