Las Vegas Sands Stocks
LAS VEGAS SANDS (LVS) Stocks
ABOUT LAS VEGAS SANDS
Las Vegas Sands Corporation, an American casino and resort company, was founded in 1988 and has its headquarters in Paradise, Nevada.
The company develops destination properties that offer accommodation-, gaming-, entertainment- and exhibition facilities, as well as celebrity-chef restaurants and related amenities. The company also owns an art- and-science museum in Singapore.
The company had its origin when a number of entrepreneurs bought the famous Sands Hotel in 1989.
They then opened the Sands Expo and Convention Centre in 1990. The latter is currently the largest privately-owned facility of its kind in the world.
Due to the need for more modern resorts, the Sands Hotel was imploded to enable the construction of The Venetian.
This need for more elegant hotels also necessitated the construction of The Palazzo. Today, the Palazzo, Venetian and Sands Expo make up the largest integrated resort in the world, featuring 7 100 all-suite rooms, 2.3 million square feet of convention space, as well as a variety of shopping, dining and entertainment options.
In 2004 the Venetian’s parent company, Las Vegas Sands Inc. went public and became Las Vegas Sands Corporation.
Today, the company employs more than 50 000 people across its global operations.
HISTORY OF LAS VEGAS SANDS
- Las Vegas Sands Corporation conducts its operations in three geographic areas: Macao, Singapore and the U.S. The company owns integrated resorts in Asia and the U.S.
- Its properties in the Macao segment include Sands Cotai Central, Sands Macao, Venetian Macao, The Parisian Macao, Four Season Macao, as well as the company’s ferry- and various other operations. The Marina Bay Sands forms its Singapore segment. The company operates its properties in the U.S. through its Las Vegas Operating Properties division.
- Las Vegas Sands (Sands) has a feel of Venice and offers a 4 000-suite hotel and entertainment complex.
- The company also operates the Venetian Macao on the Cotai Strip in China, as well as four other properties in Macao.
- The Marina Bay Sands in Singapore and the Palazzo in Las Vegas also form part of the company’s Sands portfolio.
- The company derives about 80% of its revenue from outside the U.S.
VISION & VALUES OF LAS VEGAS SANDS
- Las Vegas Sands is wholly committed to the comfort and well-being of its employees and guests.
- It has adopted The Sands ECO360 global sustainability strategy designed to minimize the company’s environmental impact.
- The latter reflects the company’s vision of leading the way in sustainable building development and resort operations.
- It implements core values such as dedication, drive, integrity and innovation in its daily operations.
- Shareholders who purchase company shares are assured of lucrative returns on their investments.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF LAS VEGAS SANDS
- Las Vegas Sands Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol LVS. The company is a Russell 1000 component.
- For the fiscal quarter ended June 30, 2019, the company recorded consolidated net revenue of US$ 3.33 billion and consolidated adjusted property EBITDA of US$ 1.27 billion.
- Quarterly dividends per share were $0.77. Shareholders who buy or sell company shares can therefore expect solid dividends and returns.