KOSMOS ENERGY (KOS) Stocks
ABOUT KOSMOS ENERGY
? Kosmos Energy Ltd. (Kosmos), an independent oil- and gas-exploration company, was founded in 2003 and has its headquarters in Dallas, Texas.
? The company is incorporated in Delaware. Kosmos was established in 2003 by James C. Musselman, Brian F. Maxted, W. Greg Dunlevy and Paul Dailly.
? Kosmos is an upstream oil company with offices in Ghana, Mauritania, Senegal and Suriname. The company has production and development operations offshore Ghana, as well as further exploration and discoveries offshore Mauritania and Senegal.
? It also has exploration licenses offshore Sao Tome and Principe, Morocco and in the Western Sahara.
? Kosmos made headlines for one of the world’s largest oil discoveries in 2007 off the coast of Ghana – the Jubilee Oil Field approximately 60km off the coast. This field produced its first oil in 2010.
? The company also made two significant gas discoveries offshore Mauritania in 2005, namely the Tortue-1 exploration well in Block C-8 and the Marsouin-1 exploration well in the northern part of Block C-8.
? In 2016, the company discovered gas at its Guembeul-1 exploration well offshore Senegal.
? Today, Kosmos employs approximately 275 people across its operations.
HISTORY OF KOSMOS ENERGY
- Kosmos Energy Ltd. is a full-cycle exploration and production company that focuses on development-, production- and exploration operations along the Atlantic Margin, from the Gulf of Mexico to the Gulf of Guinea.
- The company was established with the objective of creating value for all its stakeholders: employees, investors, governments and people of its host countries. Kosmos focuses its operations on the emerging areas along the Atlantic Margins.
- The company’s assets comprise existing development and production projects offshore Ghana, Equatorial Guinea and in the Gulf of Mexico.
- The company also has exploration licences with hydrocarbon potential, and is engaged in operations in Africa and South America. Its African operations include the Tano Basin in the eastern extension of the Deep Ivorian Basin.
- The company’s operations in Ghana during the Jubilee discovery, as well as its work to develop the field, featured in the 2013 documentary film, Big Men.
- The latter was later adapted in to a BBC television documentary, Storyville: Power, Money, Greed and Oil.
VISION & VALUES OF KOSMOS ENERGY
- Kosmos Energy Ltd. strongly believes in establishing strong and supportive relationships with its employees and stakeholders, as it underpins the business and creates value.
- It further aims to create attractive returns for shareholders who purchase company shares.
- The company also manages business risks in a manner that builds wide support in the countries in which it operates, making it possible to protect investments.
- It acts accountably and works hard to build sustainable economic opportunities.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF KOSMOS ENERGY
- Kosmos Energy Ltd. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol KOS. The company is a Russell 1000 component.
- For the second fiscal quarter 2019, the company recorded net cash provided by operating activities of USUS Dollar 240 million and free cash flow (non-GAAP) of USUS Dollar 136 million.
- Production expense was USUS Dollar 91 million, or US Dollar 14.5 per boe. The company exited the quarter with about USUS Dollar 652 million in liquidity.
- This strong financial performance affords shareholders who buy or sell company shares the confidence to do so in the expectation of sound dividends and returns.