KOGAN.COM (KGN) Shares
Kogan.com Ltd. is an Australian portfolio of retail and services businesses including Kogan Mobile, Kogan Retail, Kogan Internet, Kogan Marketplace, Kogan Insurance, Kogan Life Insurance, Kogan Health, Kogan Pet Insurance, and Kogan Travel. The company has over 8 million active subscribers.
Ruslan Kogan founded Kogan.com Ltd. in 2006. It started out with a website offering LCD televisions, assembled in China.
The company expanded to the United Kingdom in 2010 with a range of LED TVs and GPS units.
In 2016, Kogan.com Ltd. started to ship products globally from Hong Kong. As it bypassed wholesalers, distributors and retailers the company was able to offer products by brands that included Canon, Apple, Nikon, Samsung and Motorola at much lower prices.
In 2016, the company bought Dick Smith Holdings’ online business. The stores shut down and the brand changed to an online-only electronic store.
OVERVIEW OF KOGAN.COM
- Kogan.com Ltd. is a portfolio of retail and services. The company focuses on making in-demand products and services more affordable and accessible to its customers.
- Kogan Marketplace and Kogan Retail offers more than 50 brands with more than 50 000 products. The travel division offers holiday packages and travel bookings, in addition to hotel bookings and cruises.
- The insurance division provides home, contents, property owner, car and travel insurance. Through Kogan Mobile and Kogan Internet, it provides branding, marketing and customer acquisition.
- The company offers a range of products under various categories, which include computers and tablets, phones, cameras, audio, home and garden, office supplies, baby, kids and family, gadgets, toys and video games, health and beauty, sports, outdoors and luggage, tools and automotive, and pantry.
VISION & VALUES OF KOGAN.COM
- Kogan.com Ltd. is committed to provide Australians with better value products and services. It strives to create the best possible shopping experience, from easy buying, to delivery and after-sales support that is reliable.
- The company’s online-only business model allows it to bypass the expenses of bricks and mortar stores and pass the savings onto its customers. Kogan.com Ltd. is the most recognizable face of the online retailing revolution in Australia.
- Shareholders who purchase company shares can rest assured of superior value.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF KOGAN.COM
- Kogan.com Ltd trades on Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and lists under the stock symbol KGN. The company forms part of the ASX 100.
- During the last half of 2019, the company reported double-digit growth of Gross sales of US Dollar 551.8 m, up 12.0%, Gross profit is up with 12.5% and EBITDA is US Dollar 30.1 m, up 15.6% on last year.
- The boards declares total dividends of 14.3 cents per share, fully franked, which represents a growth of 10.0%.
Buy KOGAN.COM stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase KOGAN.COM Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy KOGAN.COM Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN KOGAN.COM STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE KOGAN.COM STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of KOGAN.COM stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy KOGAN.COM stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?