Kimco Realty Stocks
KIMCO REALTY (KIM) Stocks
ABOUT KIMCO REALTY
Kimco Realty Corporation is a real estate investment trust (REIT). It is one of North America’s most successful and largest real estate investment trusts and operators of shopping centers.
The company’s portfolio includes more than 428 United States shopping centers covering nearly 75 million square feet. Kimco Realty Corporation mainly focuses on leasing, purchasing, developing and managing of open-air shopping centers.
Kimco Realty Corporation’s headquarters is located in New Hyde Park, New York. The company is an S&P 500 Index company.
HISTORY OF KIMCO REALTY
- In 1966 a group of investors found Kimco Realty Corporation and merges all their retail assets.
- Kimco Realty Corporation has it initial public offering in 1991. With the purchased shares the company raises $10 million. The company is added to the S&P 500 Index, making it one of the 500 largest United States companies by market capitalization.
- In 1998 the company buys Price Real Estate Investment Trust for a price of $535 million in stock. In 2003 Kimco Realty Corporation buys Mid-Atlantic Realty Trust for a price of $441 million.
- In 2007 the company buys property Birchwood Development Company for a price of $92 million. Numerous more acquisitions take place during the next couple of years, building the successful company that Kimco Realty Corporation is today.
VISION & VALUES OF KIMCO REALTY
- Kimco Realty Corporation’s mission is to the greatest real estate investment trust and to create ongoing value to its stakeholders. The company follows high standards of ethics and trust when conducting business and seizes new opportunities. The company values its customers, employees, communities and environment.
- It conserves water and electricity in its offices and buildings and implements reuse and recycle programs. From 2017 to 2018 it reduced 12.33 percent of greenhouse gas emissions. The company invested $9.3 million in sustainability projects.
- Kimco Realty Corporation receives several awards. During 2019 the company was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index. It is the only real estate investment trust on the Index and it is the fourth time named to the Index.
- For the first time, Kimco Realty Corporation is certified as Great Place to Work and becomes a constituent of the FTSE4Good Index.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF KIMCO REALTY
- Kimco Realty Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “KIM”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ended June 30, 2019 reports total assets of $ 11,040,903 thousand.
- Total revenues are $ 284,873 thousand and net income is $ 101,387 thousand. Cash and cash equivalents are $ 113,991 thousand and total operating expenses are $ 192,235 thousand. Dividends payable are $ 130,460 thousand.