Keurig Dr Pepper Stocks
KEURIG DR PEPPER (KDP) Stocks
ABOUT KEURIG DR PEPPER
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. (formerly Keurig Green Mountain), an American beverage and beverage-maker conglomerate, was originally founded in 1981 and has dual headquarters in Plano, Texas, and Burlington, Massachusetts.
The company distributes non-alcoholic beverages in the U.S., Mexico and Canada. Its product portfolio includes flavoured (non-cola) carbonated soft drinks (CSDs) and non-carbonated beverages (NCBs) such as juice drinks, ready-to-drink teas, juice drinks, water and mixers.
The company was established as the Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR) by Bob Stiller, an entrepreneur, and his partner when they bought a two-thirds stake in a small specialty coffee roasting company in Waitsfield, Vermont. Stiller dedicated his time to coffee-roasting and only used Arabica coffee beans.
After considerable expansion in the late 1980s, the company acquired Keurig, Inc., a brewing-machine manufacturer. GMCR changed its name to Keurig Green Mountain in 2014.
In 2018, the company purchased the Dr Pepper Snapple Group to establish Keurig Dr Pepper Inc.
Today, the company employs more than 25 000 people across its operations.
HISTORY OF KEURIG DR PEPPER
- Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. conducts its operations through three segments: Beverage Concentrates, Packaged Beverages and Latin America Beverages.
- The company’s brand portfolio is divided into CSD brands and NCB brands.
- CSD brands include Dr Pepper, Canada Dry, Penafiel, 7UP, Crush, A&W, Schweppes and Sunkist soda.
- The NCB brand portfolio includes Snapple, Hawaiian Punch, Mott’s, FIJI mineral water, Clamato, Yoo-Hoo, Deja Blue, Bai Brands, ReaLemon, BodyArmor, Garden Cocktail and Nantucket Nectars, to name but a few.
- The company sales grew together with the American tastes in coffee.
- By 1993, GMCR had seen retail outlets, about 1, 000 wholesale customers and 2,400 wholesale accounts.
- The company began exporting to Canada and Taiwan in 1994.
- In the late 1990s, it also extended its national supermarket chain-, gas-station- and convenience-store distribution throughout the northeast to venues such as Weight Watchers International, Staples and LL Bean.
- Keurig Dr Pepper Inc.’s fresh approach to the beverage industry and its iconic family of brands enable the company to satisfy every consumer need, anytime and anywhere – hot or cold.
VISION & VALUES OF KEURIG DR PEPPER
- Keurig Dr Pepper is passionate about its beverages and clients.
- It is completely dedicated to acting responsibly and being a force for positive impact.
- It values all opportunities to impact its supply chain, the environment and the communities in which it operates. It actively seeks to mobilize people and resources – inside and outside the company – to be a catalyst for good. By living up to values such as transparency, partnership, innovation and investment, the company will continue to contribute to a better world.
- This sound business model enables growth and adds value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF KEURIG DR PEPPER
- Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol KDP. The company is a Russell 1000 component.
- For the second fiscal quarter 2019, the company increased net sales to US$ 2.81 billion, from US$ 2.82 billion in the corresponding quarter 2018.
- It also gained or maintained market share in several key categories, such as CSD’s3, single-serve coffee, RTD3 coffee and shelf-stable fruit drinks.
- This strong performance affords shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.