KEMET (KEM) Stocks
? KEMET Corporation (KEMET), a manufacturer of passive electronic components, was founded in 1987 and has its headquarters in Fort Lauderdale, Florida in the United States.
? The company manufactures a wide range of capacitors. The latter are electronic components that store, filter and regulate electrical energy and current flow.
? The company is the world’s largest solid tantalum capacitor producer and the second largest producer of multi-layered ceramic capacitors in the U.S. It boasts a portfolio of more than 35,000 different products.
? KEMET was established when Union Carbide Corporation decided to sell its capacitor manufacturing division. The managers of this division, together with GE Capital Corp., bought out the division and renamed it Kemet Electronics Corporation.
? Capacitors are essential passive components for circuit boards. They are used for coupling, decoupling, filtering, oscillating and wave shaping in communication systems, personal computers, data-processing equipment, cellular phones, defense and aerospace systems, consumer electronics and power management systems, to name but a few.
? The company’s clientele comprises original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) in the computer, communications, military, automotive, consumer, industrial and aerospace industries.
? Today, KEMET employs approximately 14 800 people across its operations.
HISTORY OF KEMET
- KEMET Corporation conducts its operations through three primary segments: Solid Capacitors; Film and Electrolytic, and Electro-Magnetic, Sensors and Actuators (MSA).
- The company produces multilayer ceramic, tantalum, film and aluminium capacitators, as well as electro-magnetic compatible (EMC) devices, sensors and actuators.
- Its product portfolio comprises surface mount (attached directly to circuit board), leaded capacitors (attached to the circuit board using lead wires), and chassis-mount and other pin-through-hole board-mount capacitors that utilize attachment methods such as snap-in and screw terminal.
- The Solid Capacitor segment produces tantalum and ceramic capacitors, whilst Film and Electrolytic sells film, paper solid organic aluminium and wet aluminium electrolytic capacitors.
- In the mid-1990s the company was distributing 11.5 billion capacitors annually from factories across the United States and Mexico.
VISION & VALUES OF KEMET
- KEMET strives to be the world’s most trusted partner for innovative component solutions.
- It acts as one – one global team, one KEMET. It encourages collaboration across boundaries and pursues a global strategy firmly grounded in local execution.
- KEMET rewards positive behaviour and values diversity and inclusion.
- The company does not compromise on ethics or integrity and believes in always doing the right thing. It solves problems quickly and proactively, and always gives credit when it is due.
- KEMET employees take responsibility for their actions and deliver unparalleled customer service.
- By staying true to these core values, the company enables growth and adds value for shareholders who purchase shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF KEMET
- KEMET Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol KEM. The company is an S&P 600 component.
- For the first fiscal quarter 2019, KEMET recorded net sales of USUS Dollar 345.2 million, an increase of 5.4% over the prior-year first quarter. GAAP operating income for the quarter was up 66.0% to USUS Dollar 58.4 million.
- This performance affords shareholders who buy or sell company shares the confidence to do so in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.