James Hardie Industries Stocks
JAMES HARDIE INDUSTRIES (JHX) Stocks
ABOUT JAMES HARDIE INDUSTRIES
? James Hardie Industries plc (JHIplc), an industrial building materials company, was founded in 1888 in Australia, and is currently headquartered in Ireland.
? The company develops technologies and manufactures materials for the production of building materials. James Hardie Industries plc is well known as a key player in the asbestos mining industry in Australia for most of the twentieth century.
? Since the 1930s, the company had been functioning as a parent company conducting its operations through a number of subsidiaries. Asbestos operations (including the provision of compensation) were conducted by primary subsidiaries James Hardie and Coy and Hardie-Ferodo (later known as Jsekarb).
? The parent company removed the assets of these subsidiaries (since renamed Amaca and Amaba respectively) but left them with most of the asbestos liabilities of the James Hardie group. The company one of the companies at the centre of the pleural abnormalities debacle in the 1970s as it worked with products containing asbestos. The latter caused diseases such as asbestosis and malignant mesothelioma.
? James Hardie Industries plc had been providing compensation for victims of its operations since the 1980s. The proliferation of these cases since the 80s forced the company to acknowledge that it had known asbestos to be dangerous, but the company steadfastly maintained that it had done everything possible to protect workers.
? Beginning 1978, the company added warning labels to its products explaining the dangers of the inhaling of dust.
? In 1987, however the company suspended its asbestos manufacturing activities. Today, the company employs approximately 3 100 workers across its operations.
HISTORY OF JAMES HARDIE INDUSTRIES
- James Hardie Industries plc was established in October 2012 when shareholders accepted the unanimous recommendation by the board of James Hardie Industries SE to establish a new parent company, JHIplc), incorporated in Ireland.
- Today, the company is a manufacturer of fiber cement products and systems for internal and external building construction applications in the United States, Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines.
- The company conducts its business through two primary segments: North America and Europe Fiber Cement, and Asia Pacific Fiber Cement.
- The North America and Europe Fiber Cement segment focuses on the production of fiber cement interior linings, exterior siding products and related products in the U.S. Asia Pacific Fiber Cement manufactures fiber cement in Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines which are then sold to Asia, the Middle East and various Pacific Islands as well.
- The company offers a range of fiber-cement building materials for internal and external use across a range wide variety of applications such as external siding, internal walls, floors, trim, ceilings, facades and fencing.
VISION & VALUES OF JAMES HARDIE INDUSTRIES
James Hardie Industries aggressively pursues organic growth by occupying a differentiated position in the building-products industry.
It never accepts the status in the execution of its business strategy and continuously strives to be better than it was the day before.
By recruiting, engaging and developing the right people within a culture of innovation, performance and growth, the company gains its organisational advantage.
Its operations are characterized by respect, professionalism, diversity, innovation and collaborations.
Shareholders who purchase company shares are assured of excellent value for their money.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF JAMES HARDIE INDUSTRIES
- James Hardie Industries plc trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “JHX”.
- For the full year ended 31 March 2019, the company recorded group net sales of US$ 624.8 million, an increase of 22% on fiscal cycle 2018, as well as group adjusted net operating profit of US$ 300.5 million an increase of 3% over fiscal 2018.
- Shareholders who buy or sell company shares can therefore expect solid dividends and returns.