J.P. Morgan Chase & Co
JP MORGAN CHASE & CO (JPM) Stocks
ABOUT JP MORGAN CHASE & CO
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., a global investment bank and financial services company, was founded (in its current structure) in 2000. Its headquarters is situated in New York City in the United States.
The bank was established through the combination of several large U.S banking companies, namely J.P Morgan & Co., Chase Manhattan Bank, Bank One, Bear Stearns and Washington Mutual. Its predecessors were major banking firms such as Chemical Bank, First Chicago Bank, Texas Commerce Bank and Providian Financial, to name but a few.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is the largest bank in the U.S, and the sixth largest in the world by total assess. It is regarded as the world’s most valuable bank by market capitalization. The bank, considered to be a universal- and custodian bank, serves its clients under its Chase and J.P. Morgan brands. Its consumer services include credit cards, home loans, auto finance, retirement and investing, personal banking accounts and merchant services.
The bank operates through a corporate/private equity segment and four business divisions: consumer and community banking, corporate and investment bank, commercial banking, and asset management.
For more than 200 years, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. has offered innovative financial solutions to individuals, small businesses, corporations, governments and institutions worldwide. The bank operates in more than 100 countries. Today, J.P Morgan Chase & Co. employs more than 250 000 people worldwide.
You might also like: JOHNSON & JOHNSON STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF JP MORGAN CHASE & CO
- J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is a “Bulge Bracket” bank. It is a major provider of an extensive portfolio of investment banking and financial services.
- Its brand, historically known as Morgan, is used by its investment banking, asset management, private banking, private wealth management and treasury and securities services divisions. The Chase brand is used for credit card services in the U.S. and Canada, the bank’s retail banking operations in the U.S., and commercial banking.
- J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. has five U.S subsidiaries namely, J.P. Morgan Chase Bank, National Association; Chase Bank USA, National Association; Custodial Trust Company; J.P. Morgan Chase Bank, Dearborn; and J.P. Morgan Bank and Trust Company, National Association.
VALUES OF JP MORGAN CHASE & CO
- J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.’s mission is to enable more people to actively contribute to the economy and share in the rewards thereof.
- In order to create global prosperity, business, government and civic organizations need to collaborate and contribute their expertise and vision.
- The company aspires to be a wold-leader in its field, through executing its operations superbly, building a great team and fostering a winning culture. The bank focuses on partnerships based in trust. Its desire to constantly improve on its performance attracts like-minded partners who collaborate to drive growth and innovation. It finds its strength in collective diversity.
- The bank’s workforce, comprised of individuals with unique experiences and diverse backgrounds, forms a fundamental part in strengthening its global business capabilities. J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. therefore fosters a working environment in which everyone can succeed, based on merit.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF JP MORGAN CHASE & CO
- As of 2017, the bank is one of the biggest global asset management companies with assets valued at US$2.789 trillion under management and US$30 trillion under custody. J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “JPM”.
- The bank’s sound financial presence on the market affords shareholders the confidence to buy and sell company stock in the expectation of lucrative dividends and returns. In 2018, the bank recorded revenue of US$109.029 billion, with net income of US$32.474 billion.
You might also like: INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES STOCKS
LATEST NEWS JP MORGAN CHASE & CO
Buy JP MORGAN CHASE & CO stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase JP MORGAN CHASE & CO Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy JP MORGAN CHASE & CO Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN JP MORGAN CHASE & CO STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE JP MORGAN CHASE & CO STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of JP MORGAN CHASE & CO stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy JP MORGAN CHASE & CO stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : INTEL STOCKS