ITALTILE (ITE) Shares
Italtile Ltd is a South African manufacturer, importer and retailer of tiles, sanitary ware, laminated flooring, bathroom furniture and several other related products. The company provides its services throughout South Africa, Lesotho, Kenya, Tanzania, Botswana, Swaziland and Namibia. The company has an investment that manages and leases out retail stores in Australia.
Italtile Ltd’sportfolio includes itsretail brandsItaltile Retail, CTM and TopT. Italtile Retail focuses on high-end home improvement markets, CTM focuses on quality and targets the average markets, whilst TopT focuses on the entry-level markets. The company has 182 stores including its five online webstores and targets all price ranges. These subsidiaries are supported by suppliers International Tap Distributors.
The company imports and distributes brassware and Cedar Point, an importer of cabinets, laminated boards, tiling tools and décor. The Old Mutual Group, Rallen, the TommasoAltini Trust and Four Arrows Investments are all major Italtile Ltd shareholders.
The company’s Italtile and Ceramic Foundation support communities in need. The foundation provides funds for students in financial need, sponsors programs for schools with underprivileged childrenand encourages and supports sporting activities for the youth. The foundation is also involved in conservation and donates to WWF, which in turn sees to it that the funds are used wisely.
With funds raised from CTM’s exclusive Kilimanjaro range, the company is donating an estimated R1 million to the Stop Rhino Poaching Foundation for the third consecutive year. This donation contributes to specialised trauma and medical kits used by rangers to protect the rhinos in the Kruger National Park, South Africa
HISTORY OF ITALTILE
- In 1969 Italtile is founded by Gianni Ravazzotti when the opportunity presents itself to import ceramic tiles from Italy. The next few years sees the company acquiring a wall and floor tile manufacturing company, Samcatiles (Pty) Ltd. and a vitreous china sanitaryware manufacturer, BettaSanitaryware (Pty) Ltd.
- In 1983 the company launches the first CTM store and a few years later it starts the CTM franchise stores. Several businesses are acquired during the next few decades.
- In 1988 Italtile Ltd starts trading on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE). Italtile Ltd achieves a R1 billion turnover in 2002.
- In 2003 the company launches its TopT stores. Italtile celebrates its 30th anniversary being listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange in 2018 and its 50th anniversary of existence in 2019.
ITALTILE INVESTOR TIPS
- Italtile Ltd trades on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange under the stock symbol ITE.
- Analysis data reports shows Italtile Ltd shares are one of the best performing shares on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. The forecast for Italtile shares in 2019 predicts positive returns and dividends,as these shares are of high value and generate very good cash returns. Reports for six months ending the 31st of December, 2018, shows a turnover of R5.3 billion, an increase of 25.3 percent from the same period in 2017.
- Capital expenditure is R306 million. Italtile property portfolio’s market value is R3,8 billion. Manufacturing portfolio is R0,8 billion. The company invests R105 million in manufacturing operations and upgrades on plants and equipment.
You might also like: INVESTEC SHARES
Buy ITALTILE stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase ITALTILE Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ITALTILE Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ITALTILE STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ITALTILE STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ITALTILE stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ITALTILE stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?