IRON MOUNTAIN (IRM) Stocks
ABOUT IRON MOUNTAIN
Iron Mountain, Inc. is a storage and information management services holding company. Its portfolio includes nearly 1 450 facilities on more than 90 million square foot of real estate. The company offers its services in 50 countries. Locations include facilities across North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe and Africa.
Iron Mountain protects nearly 230 000 organizations’, highly sensitive data, business information as well as historical and cultural artifacts valued at more than $18 billion. Information management includes insurance, energy, life science, government, healthcare and entertainment.
Approximately 95 percent of the companies on the Fortune 1 000 trusts Iron Mountain with what is most important to it. Iron Mountain’s fleet of leased and owned vehicles consists of nearly 4 500 vehicles.
Iron Mountain, Inc. operates through various divisions – North American Records and Information Management division, Western European division, North American Data Management division, Corporate and Other division as well as its Other International division. Iron Mountain, Inc. is an S&P 500 Index company as well as a Fortune 1000 company.
It is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts and employs approximately 24 000 people.
You might also like: IPG PHOTONICS STOCKS
HISTORY OF IRON MOUNTAIN
- In 1951 Iron Mountain Atomic Storage, Inc. is founded by Herman Knaust in Livingston, New York. The company’s first customer, East River Savings Bank, which stored duplicate signature cards and deposit records copied on microfilm in armored cars. Other corporate organizations soon follows with its valued information. In 1980 Iron Mountain expands to New England and protects computer backup data.
- The company buys New England Storage Warehouse in Boston. This provides the opportunity into the medical and legal record markets. Iron Mountain buys Bell & Howell Records Management in 1988.
- Iron Mountain can now expand its portfolio in 12 United States markets and becomes the first national supplier in its field. By 1995 the company’s annual revenue exceeds $100 million. The company starts trading publicly in 1996.
VISION & VALUES OF IRON MOUNTAIN
- Iron Mountain, Inc. values its customers, the information it protects, its communities, employees and shareholders. The company is a responsible corporate citizen and supports a sustainable business practice.
- Iron Mountain uses renewable sources to provide energy to power its data centers and cloud businesses. The company receives EPA’s Green Power Leadership Award in 2017. It is also one of the Top 10 renewable energy buyers on EPA’s list.
- During the last few years the company is awarded with the Human Rights Campaign’s Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality, Google Cloud Technology Partner of the Year for AI & Machine Learning and is listed on FTSE4Good Index’s list for meeting globally recognized corporate social responsibility standards.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF IRON MOUNTAIN
- Iron Mountain, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “IRM”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports total revenues of $1,066,907 thousand. Total assets are $13,720,982 thousand and total operating expenses are $873,792 thousand. The company has a 7.85 percent yield on dividends.
- It has increased its dividends for 9 consecutive years. Forecasts are looking positive and potential investors can purchase shares at a good price.
You might also like: INVESCO STOCKS
LATEST NEWS IRON MOUNTAIN
Buy IRON MOUNTAIN stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase IRON MOUNTAIN Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy IRON MOUNTAIN Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN IRON MOUNTAIN STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE IRON MOUNTAIN STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of IRON MOUNTAIN stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy IRON MOUNTAIN stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : INTERPUBLIC GROUP OF COMPANIES STOCKS