INTUIT (INTU) Stocks
Intuit Inc., a business and financial software company, was founded in 1983 and is headquartered in Mountain View, California. The company develops and sells financial, accounting, and tax-preparation software and related services for small enterprises, accountants, and individuals.
Scott Cook and Tom Proulx founded the company in 1983 in Palo Alto, California. They realized that personal computers were beginning to replace paper-and-pencil based personal accounting and started to operate Intuit out of a small room in University Avenue. The company’s first version of Quicken was coded in Microsoft’s BASIC programming language for IBM PC and UCSD Pascal for the Apple ll.
In 1991 Microsoft produced its Microsoft Money, a competitor to Quicken. Intuit acted swiftly by introducing a US$15 rebate coupon for software purchased at its stores. This was the first-ever rebate by a software company.
Intuit’s products include TurboTax, a consumer tax preparation and application, QuickBooks, a small-business accounting program, and the professional tax solutions ProConnect Tax Online, ProSeries and Lacerte, as well as various other payroll products. TurboTax is available in Basic, Standard, Premier, and a Home & Business version, and Turbo Tax 20 (for preparing multiple returns). Quickbooks offers EasyStart, Pro and Premier business accounting software. The company’s professional tax-solution package includes ProConnect Tax Online, Lacerte, ProSeries Professional, ProSeries Basic and EasyAcct.
The company sold its original flagship product, Quicken, to H.I.G. Capital in 2016.
Today, the company employs approximately 8 200 people across its operations.
You might also like: INTERCONTINENTAL EXCHANGE STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF INTUIT
- Intuit Inc. operates through three segments: Small Business, Consumer Tax and ProConnect.
- The company’s Small business segments focuses on small businesses and accounting professionals. This segment comprises Quickbooks financial and business management online service and desktop software, payroll solutions, and payment processing solutions, as well as third-party application that integrates with Intuit offerings.
- The Consumer Tax segment includes TurboTax income tax preparation products and services, whilst the ProConnect segment concentrates on professional accountants in the U.S. and Canada. Tax offerings in this segment include Lacerte, ProSeries, ProFile and ProConnect Tax Online.
- Intuit Inc. also offers two online payroll solutions that work on a subscription basis and are integrated with Quickbooks Online and QuickBooks desktop offerings. These include QuickBooks Online Payroll and QuickBooks Full Service Payroll (for those customers who prefer not to perform payroll tasks themselves).
VALUES OF INTUIT
- The company strives to meet the needs of an increasingly connected world by creating products and services that are at the disposal of its customers at all times.
It believes in integrity without comprise. Its operations are based on caring for and giving back to the communities which it serves.
- It believes in the power of many, and values the insights and experiences of its global ecosystem of partners and users. It channels the power of many, to drive the prosperity of each individual customer.
- Intuit Inc. is passionate about its contribution to global society, and believes in being bold, learning fast, being decisive and delivering cutting-edge products and services.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF INTUIT
- Intuit Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “INTU”.
- The company is performing well on the market. For example, in 2017 it recorded revenue of US$5.177 billion with total assets valued at US$4.068 billion, and total equity of US$1.354 billion. Shareholders can therefore buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid returns and dividends.
You might also like: ILLUMINA STOCKS
LATEST NEWS INTUIT
Buy INTUIT stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase INTUIT Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy INTUIT Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN INTUIT STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE INTUIT STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of INTUIT stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy INTUIT stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : HUMANA STOCKS