INFIGEN ENERGY (IFN) Shares
ABOUT INFIGEN ENERGY
Infigen Energy Ltd. is a developer, owner and operator of renewable energy generation assets in Australia. The company’s wind farm portfolio has an installed capacity of 557 MW.
Most of its assets generate electricity from renewable sources and are eligible to sell Large-scale Generation Certificates (LGCs) under the mandatory Renewable Energy Target scheme, which operates in Australia under the Renewable Energy (Electricity) Act 2000. The company headquarters in Sydney.
Infigen Energy Ltd. also run the open cycle gas turbine power station Smithfield Energy Facility in New South Wales. In 2022, it will take on Temporary Generation South in South Australia in addition to a grid-scale battery near the Lake Bonney Wind Farm.
The company started out as Babcock & Brown Win Partners and in 2007, it was the world’s fourth largest owner of wind farms and the biggest wind power supplier in Australia. Infigen Energy Ltd. branched out from the parent company in 2009.
In 2013, it hooked up with Danish wind turbines manufacturer Vestas on the wind energy campaign Act on Facts. In 2015, the company united with the Carbon Disclosure Project’s Road to Paris climate commitments, also known as We Mean Business coalition.
It also joined Australia’s CitySwitch Green Office program, which is a partnership between businesses and local, state and federal governments working together to make a positive impact on climate change.
OVERVIEW OF INFIGEN ENERGY
- Infigen Energy Ltd. is an Australia-based renewable energy company supplying electricity. It owns, develops and operates renewable energy generation assets. It develops wind and solar projects and owns approximately seven wind farms and a solar farm.
- The company has an operating capacity of 557 megawatts (MW) containing seven wind farms. These are the 89 MW Alinta wind farm in Western Australia (WA), the three Lake Bonney wind farms in South Australia (SA) with capacities of 278 MW, and the 141 MW Capital and 48 MW Woodlawn wind farms in New South Wales.
- It also owns and operates the 0.1 MW Capital East energy storage and solar photovoltaic (PV) demonstration facility.
- The company has a pipeline of development assets comprising approximately 1 100 MW of wind and solar projects spread across approximately five states.
VISION & VALUES OF INFIGEN ENERGY
- Infigen Energy Ltd. generate and source renewable energy. The company is committed to generate value for its security holders by producing and trading clean energy in the Australian market.
- It strives to meet the needs of its customers and provide value for money. It promises to provide a safe, rewarding and inclusive work environment for all employees, foster respectful, responsive and enduring relationship with all its stakeholders.
- The company demonstrates a high standard of performance focused on the creation of value for its security holders and managing the risks that arise in its business. Shareholders who purchase company shares can rest assured of superior value.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF INFIGEN ENERGY
- Infigen Energy Ltd trades on Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and lists under the stock symbol IFN. The company forms part of the ASX 100.
- With the interim report in August 2019, the company reports an underlying EBITDA of US Dollar 165.3m, up 11% and Net Revenue of US Dollar 229.3m, up 9%.
- Renewable Energy Generation sales of 1,775GWh, up 20%. The Commercial and Industrial (C&I) customer electricity volumes increased with 19% to 768GWh.
Buy INFIGEN ENERGY stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase INFIGEN ENERGY Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy INFIGEN ENERGY Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN INFIGEN ENERGY STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE INFIGEN ENERGY STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of INFIGEN ENERGY stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy INFIGEN ENERGY stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?