IDP EDUCATION (IEL) Shares
ABOUT IDP EDUCATION
IDP Education Ltd (International Development Program) is an international education organization offering student placements in Australia, New Zealand, U.K., Ireland, the USA, and Canada.
The company has more than 100 offices in 31 countries and 550 counsellors. IDP Australia works with University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations and the British Council for IELTS tests. More than 10 000 organizations rely on IELTS including governments for migration assessment, universities for admissions and employers and professional registration bodies. There are over 1 000 IELTS test centres in the world.
IDP Education Ltd started in 1969 as Australian Asian Universities’ Cooperation Scheme (AAUCS) in South-East Asia. It later changed its name to the International Development Program (IDP) of Australian Universities, Colleges and schools.
In 2017, the company bought the U.K. Educational listing company Hotcourses, co-founded by Jeremy Hunt, a British politician and Secretary of State for Health.
IDP has created a network of opportunities with offices in over 30 countries. It helps international students study in English speaking countries. It operates in eleven English language-teaching campuses across South East Asia. The company connects students with the right course in the right institution and the right country.
IDP also delivers a number of professional development initiatives including the Australian International Education Conference and the popular English language teaching conference, CamTESOL.
OVERVIEW OF IDP EDUCATION
- IDP Education Ltd is involved in the placement of international students into education institutions in Australia, New Zealand, the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.
- It engages in the distribution and administration of International English Language Testing System (IELTS) tests, a globally recognized English language test for study, work and migration purposes, and operation of English language schools in Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand.
VISION & VALUES OF IDP EDUCATION
- IDP Education Ltd.’s vision is to build a global platform and connect communities to guide international students along their journey to achieve their learning and career aspirations.
- The company strives to transform the way international student recruitment services are done.
- Together with its customers, it is co-designing a digital platform that connects its students with people, courses, services and employers so they can pursue their journey with confidence.
- Shareholders who purchase company shares can rest assured of superior value.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF IDP EDUCATION
- IDP Education Ltd trades on Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and lists under the stock symbol IEL. The company forms part of the ASX 100.
- For the first half of 2019, the company reports total revenue of US Dollar 598 million, an increase of 23%. EBITDA is US Dollar 115 million, representing an increase of 29%. Final Dividend is US Dollar 16.5m (6.5 cents per share), franked at 60%.
Buy IDP EDUCATION stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase IDP EDUCATION Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy IDP EDUCATION Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN IDP EDUCATION STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE IDP EDUCATION STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of IDP EDUCATION stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy IDP EDUCATION stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?