HUNTING PLC (HTG) Shares
ABOUT HUNTING PLC
Hunting plc a multinational energy services provider to upstream oil- and gas companies, was founded in 1874 and has its headquarters in London in the United Kingdom and Houston, Texas in the United States. The Hunting family owns about 27% of the company.
Charles Hunting, a veterinary surgeon, established the company in 1974 as a shipping business known as Hunting & Pattison. It comprised two sailing ships, the Sylvia and the Genii.
The company gradually began to invest in oil tankers, and eventually became a tanker broker in the 1890s.
In the 1930s, it further diversified into aircraft manufacturing and transport through the founding of Hunting Aircraft in 1944. The latter was incorporated into the British Aircraft Corporation in 1960.
A number of other diversification followed until the company began to refocus on its core oil- and gas activities in the 2000s.
Some of its latest acquisitions include Innova-Extel Acquisition Holdings Inc. in 2010, the Titan Group in 2011 and Dearborn Precision Tubular Products in 2011.
Today, the company employs approximately 2 800 people across its global operations.
OVERVIEW OF HUNTING PLC
- Hunting plc conducts its global operations through four primary segments: Well Construction, Well Completion, Well Intervention, and Exploration and Production.
- Well Construction focuses on products and services for the construction phase of the wellbore development.
- Well Completion provides products and services that support the completion an recompletion phase of wellbore development.
- Well Intervention provided products and services supporting the intervention and subsea support phases of wellbore production and maintenance.
- The Exploration and Production division comprises the company’s oil- and gas exploration and production activities offshore Gulf of Mexico and in the southern United States.
VISION & VALUES OF HUNTING PLC
- Hunting plc actively seeks growth by developing proprietary products and services, acquiring complementary business and extending its footprint globally.
- The company realises the importance of fostering long-term relationships based on values such as trust, integrity, accountability and open communication.
- The company is passionate about building a civil society that enables all individuals to succeed in a world driven by technology. Its sound and ethical business practices create trust amongst employees and stakeholders.
- This business model stimulates growth which, in turn, adds exceptional value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF HUNTING PLC
Hunting plc trades on the London Stock Exchange (LSE) under the stock symbol HTG. The company is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
For fiscal 2018, the company recorded total revenue of £ 911.4 million, operating income of £ 104.7 million and net income of £ 85.7 million.
This solid performance affords shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.
Buy HUNTING PLC stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase HUNTING PLC Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy HUNTING PLC Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN HUNTING PLC STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE HUNTING PLC STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of HUNTING PLC stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy HUNTING PLC stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?