HUDSON’S BAY (HBC) Stocks
ABOUT HUDSON’S BAY
Hudson’s Bay Company is a department store owner and operator. The company’s portfolio includes nearly 350 stores across the United States and Canada.
It offers cosmetics, fashionable clothing, accessories and home products through several brands such as Hudson’s Bay, Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Lord & Taylor, Home Outfitters, Sportarena, Galeria INNO and Galeria Kaufhof.
The company also operates through its e-commerce stores.
Hudson’s Bay Company employs approximately 40 000 people and is headquartered in Brampton, Ontario, Canada.
OVERVIEW OF HUDSON’S BAY
- The Hudson’s Bay Company history dates to its founding in 1670 as a Canadian fur trading business. Through the century the company opens several stores and buys several businesses that expands its portfolio and geographical range.
- In 2003 a company from Nova Scotia, Maple Leaf Heritage Investments, purchases shares in the company. During these years the company operates its Zeller brand stores (which was purchased in 1978), Fields, Designer Depot and other stores. In 2008 a private company from New York, NRDC Equity Partners, buys Hudson’s Bay Inc.
- In 2011 Target Corporation, a United States retail company, purchases the majority of the company’s Zeller chains. In 2012 it announces that it would operate the Lord & Taylor chain. It also has its initial public offering in 2012, raising US Dollar 1.6 billion.
- In 2019 the company announces the Le Tote Inc. would buy the company’s Lord & Taylor businesses for a price of CUS Dollar 99.5 million in cash, with an additional payment of CUS Dollar 33.2 million in two years’ time. Hudson’s Bay Company is to receive a 25 percent stake in Le Tote Inc.
VISION & VALUES OF HUDSON’S BAY
- Hudson’s Bay Company values integrity, honesty, quality products and services as well as transparency. The company operates sustainably and aims to be a good corporate citizen.
- Hudson’s Bay Company generates high earnings and long-term value for its shareholders.
- Customers offered quality products and are served by highly trained employees that ensures a positive customer experience. Its employees are provided with a healthy, reliable and awarding work environment.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF HUDSON’S BAY
Hudson’s Bay Company trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the TSX stock symbol HBC.
Data analysis for the Hudson’s Bay Company’s thirteen-week period ending November 2, 2019 reports a revenue of US Dollar 1,841 million. Gross profit is US Dollar 706 million. Adjusted EBITDA is US Dollar 84 million and adjusted EBITDAR is US Dollar 146 million. Retail sales are US Dollar 1,818 million.
Dividends declared are US Dollar 0.01 per common share. Total assets are US Dollar 12,336 million. Inventories are US Dollar 2,542 million and current assets are US Dollar 3,887 million.
Buy HUDSON’S BAY stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase HUDSON’S BAY Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy HUDSON’S BAY Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN HUDSON’S BAY STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE HUDSON’S BAY STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of HUDSON’S BAY stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy HUDSON’S BAY stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?