HUDBAY MINERALS (HBM) Stocks
ABOUT HUDBAY MINERALS
Hudbay Minerals Inc. is a precious metals company. It focuses on the purchase, discovery, production and marketing of precious and base metals such as copper, copper concentrates, silver, gold and zinc metal. Its portfolio includes four ore concentrators, a zinc production facility, three polymetallic mines and several copper projects in in Manitoba, Nevada, Arizona, Peru and Chile.
Hudbay Minerals Inc. employs approximately 2 200 people and is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
OVERVIEW OF HUDBAY MINERALS
- Hudbay Minerals Inc. is founded in 1927 by the Whitney family, Mining Corp. of Canada Ltd and Newmont Mining Corp. of New York after stake in the Flin Flon mine is purchased. Production at the mine starts in 1930.
- It is one of the largest industrial developments in the Western Hemisphere. It lists on the New York Stock Exchange in 1938. By 1942 the company is one of the top companies in the Canadian industry. During the next few years the company adds several operations to its portfolio. In 1961 Anglo American buys major interest in the company.
- In December 2004, OntZinc Corporation buys the company from Anglo American for a price of CUS Dollar 316 million. The company is renamed Hudbay Minerals Inc. and moves from the TSX Venture Exchange to the Toronto Stock Exchange. In 2008 its headquarters is moved from Winnipeg, Manitoba to Toronto.
- The same year the company buys Skye Resources Inc. More acquisitions follow in the 2010’s, which includes Norsemont Mining Inc. in with its Constantia copper project in southern Peru, Augusta Resource Corporation in Arizona and the Ann Mason project in northern Nevada.
VISION & VALUES OF HUDBAY MINERALS
- Hudbay Minerals Inc. values efficient operations, exploration, project development as well as environmental, social and governance excellence. Its strategic criteria include mining friendly jurisdictions, low-cost and long-life operations, focusing on copper.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc. is committed to building strong relationships, be a corporate responsible leader and creating opportunities to improve itself. Its employees are treated with dignity and respect and are offered a safe and healthy work environment.
- The company believes in human rights, community relations and development as well as environmental stewardship
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF HUDBAY MINERALS
Hudbay Minerals Inc. trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the TSX stock symbol HBM.
Data analysis for Hudbay Minerals Inc’s three months ending September 30, 2019 reports total assets of US Dollar 4,386.5 million. Cash and cash equivalents are US Dollar 398.4 million. Operating cash flow before change in non-cash working capital is US Dollar 69.9 million.
Dividends paid are US Dollar 2.0 million. Cash and cash equivalents at the beginning of the period is US Dollar 489.5 million. The company’s revenue is US Dollar 291.3 million.
Gross profit is US Dollar 31.0 million. Mine operating costs are US Dollar 178.0 million. Net finance expense is US Dollar 37.7 million.
Buy HUDBAY MINERALS stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase HUDBAY MINERALS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy HUDBAY MINERALS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN HUDBAY MINERALS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE HUDBAY MINERALS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of HUDBAY MINERALS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy HUDBAY MINERALS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?