HOME CAPITAL GROUP (HCG) Stocks
ABOUT HOME CAPITAL GROUP
Home Capital Group Inc., a Canadian investment company, was founded in 1986 and has its headquarters in Toronto. Since then, the company has grown to be an industry leader in the alternative mortgage market. The company first issued shares to the public in October 1986 and adopted its current name in December 1986.
Home Capital Group Inc.’s history began as Sonor Resources Corp in 1977. Home Capital Group Inc. services customers in segments of the financial services industry that were not well served by large financial companies.
Its products comprise short-term deposits, investment certificates, retirement savings plans/income funds, tax-free savings accounts, and government-insured mortgage securities, to name but a few.
Because Home Capital Group Inc. targets the uninsured and those facing financial problems, people without credit resources comprise most of its customer base.
Today, the company employs about 700 people.
OVERVIEW OF HOME CAPITAL GROUP
- Home Capital Group Inc. is a Canadian holding company that offers a range of lending and saving solutions to help Canadians achieve their financial goals. It operates through its subsidiary, Home Trust Company. Its products include mortgages, credit cards and deposit services. The group is regulated under federal legislation.
- Home Trust Company operates in regions considered low risk where above-average returns are possible. It focuses on areas ignored by large mortgage lenders.
- It therefore faced less competition during the 2008 economic crisis. Its customer base is unique. Its portfolio includes residential and non-residential mortgaged properties such as apartment- and office buildings, hotels, construction and industrial complexes.
- Retail mortgage lending is one of the company’s main sources of organic growth. It forms the core of its business. Home Capital Group Inc.’s stock, for example, outperformed eight major competitors in the uninsured mortgage market in 2009.
VISION & VALUES OF HOME CAPITAL GROUP
- Home Capital Group Inc. is people-focussed as people form the core of its business operations. It is proud to make a difference in the communities it serves. It fosters a respectful working environment defined by a deeply-held set of shared values.
- It’s a culture in which top performance is valued and rewarded. The company is passionate about enabling its clientele to live their best lives. Its business operations are founded in principles such as integrity and commitment.
- Not only does this add superior value for shareholders who purchase company stock, but it also enables growth.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF HOME CAPITAL GROUP
Home Capital Group Inc. trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSE) under the stock symbol HCG.
For fiscal 2018, the company recorded total revenue US Dollar 418,852 million. Its total assets were valued at US Dollar 18.14 billion. Earnings per share were US Dollar 1.66 and return on equity was 7.7%.
This sound market performance affords shareholders who buy or sell company shares the confidence to do so in the expectation of sound dividends and returns.
Buy HOME CAPITAL GROUP stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase HOME CAPITAL GROUP Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy HOME CAPITAL GROUP Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN HOME CAPITAL GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE HOME CAPITAL GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of HOME CAPITAL GROUP stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy HOME CAPITAL GROUP stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?