HERSHEY COMPANY (HSY) Stocks
ABOUT HERSHEY COMPANY
Hershey Company (known as Hershey’s or Hershey), an American chocolate manufacturer, was incorporated on October 24, 1927 and has its headquarters in Hershey, Pennsylvania. The company is one of the largest chocolate manufacturers in the world. It also produces baked products such as cakes, cookies, milkshakes and drinks, to name but a few.
Hershey’s history can be traced back to 1984 when Milton. S. Hershey established the Hershey Chocolate Company as a subsidiary of his Lancaster Caramel Company. The Hershey Trust Company owns a minority stake in Hershey Company but has the majority of the voting power in the company.Hershey chocolate is distributed across the U.S. as well as in 70 other countries globally. The company operates three mega distribution centers that boast industry-leading technology and labor managements systems. The company is known for its ties with the Hersheypark Stadium and the Giant Center. It is also a member of the World Cocoa Foundation.
The company’s product portfolio comprises chocolate and non-chocolate confectionery products; pantry items such as baking ingredients, beverages and toppings; snack items such as spreads, bars, snack bites and mixes, and gum and mint refreshment products. Today, the company employs more than 15 000 people across its operations.
You might also like: HENRY SCHEIN STOCKS
HISTORY OF HERSHEY COMPANY
- Hershey Company operates through three segments: North America, International and Other. Its product portfolio comprises more than 80 brand names.
The North America segment comprises its chocolate and non-chocolate confectionery business, as well as its snacks and grocery business in the U.S. and Canada.
- This segment is also responsible for the growth and development of its chocolate and non-chocolate confectionery, pantry, food service and snacking product lines. Brands include Heshley’s. Reese’s, Kisses, Jolly Rancher, Twizzlers, Payday, Rolo, Cadbury, Kit Kat and York, to name but a few. Gum and mint products include Ice Breakers, Breathsavers mints and Bubbly Yum bubble gum. It also sells Krave meat snack products.
- The International and Other segments manufacture products in China, Mexico, Brazil, India and Malaysia. These segments include its global retail operations such as the Hershey’s Chocolate World stores in Hershey, Pennsylvania, New York City, Las Vegas, Shangai, Niagara Falls (Ontario), Singapore and Dubai.
- Brands include Golden Monkey confectionery and Munching snack products in China, PelonPelo Rico confectionery products in Mexico, IQ-IQ snack products in Brazil as well as Nutrine and Maha confectionary products and Jumpin and Sofit beverage products in India.
VISION & VALUES OF HERSHEY COMPANY
- Hershey Company swiftly puts ideas into prototypes to learn more. It impacts the world through smart decisions, integrity and calculated risks. The company strives at all times to build strong relationships and partnerships. Collaboration and communication are the keys to its success as it enables growth and add value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
- The company fosters a working environment in which experimenting, diverse perspective and continuous learning thrive. Successes are celebrated and regular feedback encourages growth.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF HERSHEY COMPANY
- Hershey Company trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “HSY”. The company is an S&P 500 component.
- In 2018 the company registered net sales of US$7.791.1 million, an increase of 3.7%. Adjusted earnings per share-diluted were $5.36, an increase of 14.3%.
- This sound performance affords shareholders the confidence to buy or sell shares in the expectation of lucrative dividends and returns.
You might also like: HELMERICH & PAYNE STOCKS
LATEST NEWS HERSHEY COMPANY
Buy HERSHEY COMPANY stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase HERSHEY COMPANY Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy HERSHEY COMPANY Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN HERSHEY COMPANY STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE HERSHEY COMPANY STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of HERSHEY COMPANY stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy HERSHEY COMPANY stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : HCP STOCKS