HENRY SCHEIN (HSIC) Stocks
ABOUT HENRY SCHEIN
Henry Schein Inc., an American healthcare products and services company, was incorporated on December 23, 1992 and has its headquarters in Melville, New York. The company distributes its products in approximately 34 countries.
The company’s history can be traced back to 1932 when Henry Schein borrowed $500 to open a pharmacy in Queens, New York. The company grew exponentially and expanded into dental supplies in the 1960s. By the late 80s, the company had acquired about 10% of the dental-supply market.Henry Schein, Inc. bought Sullivan Dental Products, Inc. in 1997 which made the company the world’s largest supplier of dental equipment. The company’s cloud-based software system for dental offices is Dentrix Ascend, which is a scalable system. It boasts an intuitive interface tailored to the needs of dental offices.
The company raised US$72.8 million in its IPO and began trading on the NASDAQ in 1996. It recorded US$29 million in profit for that year. It also made 17 acquisitions during this period. Henry Schein Inc. is a Fortune World’s Most Admired Company and is rank first in its industry for social responsibility by Fortune magazine.Today, the company employs approximately 18 000 people across its operations.
You might also like: HELMERICH & PAYNE STOCKS
HISTORY OF HENRY SCHEIN
- Henry Schein, Inc. conducts its business through two primary segments: Healthcare Distribution and Value-added Services. The company’s clientele comprises dental practitioners and laboratories, physician practices, as well as healthcare clinics.
- As of the end of 2016, the company operated in 33 countries, including the U.S. Australia, Austria, Brazil, Chile, China, Denmark, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, South Africa and Spain, to name but a few. The company boasts a product portfolio of more than 120 000 branded products, as well as 180 000 additional special-order items. Its offers technology solutions include e-commerce and practice management software solutions, as well as financial services.
- At the end of 2016, the company operated about 200 equipment sales and service centers globally. The healthcare distribution segment focuses on consumable products, small equipment repair services, branded and generic pharmaceuticals, vaccines and surgical products, to name but a few. The Technology and Value-added Services segment offers software, technology and other value-added services to healthcare practitioners.
VISION & VALUES OF HENRY SCHEIN
- Henry Schein, Inc. provides innovative healthcare products to its global clientele. It strives to be a trusted consultant and advisor to its customers so as to enable them to offer the best-quality patient care.
- The company’s business model stimulates growth and profitability that result in a superior return on investment for shareholders who purchase company shares. Its operations are rooted in the highest standards of corporate governance, and it is passionate about addressing environmental concerns in the areas in which it operates.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF HENRY SCHEIN
- Henry Schein, Inc.trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “HSIC”. The company is an S&P 500 component.
- The company recorded total revenue of US$13.2 billion and net income of US$535.9 million for 2018. For the second quarter of 2019, it reported GAAP dilute EPS from continuing operations of $0.78, up 8.3% over the prior year.
- Shareholders can therefore buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.
You might also like: HCP STOCKS
LATEST NEWS HENRY SCHEIN
Buy HENRY SCHEIN stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase HENRY SCHEIN Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy HENRY SCHEIN Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN HENRY SCHEIN STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE HENRY SCHEIN STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of HENRY SCHEIN stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy HENRY SCHEIN stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : HASBRO STOCKS