HAYS PLC (HAS) Shares
ABOUT HAYS PLC
Hays plc is a leading English company providing recruitment and human resources services.
It was founded in 1867 as an operator of wharves and warehouses on the south bank of the River Thames.
It was converted into a shopping and restaurant area known as Hay’s Galleria in the 1980s. Its headquarters are in London.
The former Hay’s Wharf, which Hays sold in the early 1980s. It is now called Hay’s Galleria.
In 1989 the company launched an initial public offering and in 2003 Hays announced its intention to reposition itself as a specialist recruitment business.
OVERVIEW OF HAYS PLC
- Hays plc is a specialist recruitment group that operates in the UK, Continental Europe, the Americas and Asia Pacific regions. With a fair balance between recruitment in temporary and permanent work, they find financial stability through business cycles.
- Hays operates from 250 offices in 33 countries, in the fields of accountancy and finance, information technology, life sciences, construction and property and engineering, and supporting the career development of candidates with temporary, contracting and permanent jobs.
- It serves various sectors including, accountancy and finance, construction and property, engineering and manufacturing, human resources, office professionals, Education and Telecoms sector.
- Despite weakening global macroeconomic conditions, Hays delivers a solid financial performance, backed up by strong cash generation.
- Their strong financial position makes it possible to balance more challenging current markets with long-term strategic goals.
VISION & VALUES OF HAYS PLC
- Hays plc honours a set of values that define how they do business and interact with colleagues, partners, clients and candidates. As the business grows, and as they recruit new talent or face new challenges, the values of being passionate about people, ambitious, expert, insightful and Innovative, guide people in the decisions and actions they take every day.
- People trust them because they are experts with more than 50 years of experience in recruitment and talent management, expertise which are combined with specialist knowledge that enables them to place talent across a wide spectrum of industries and sectors.
- They demonstrate commitment to clients and candidates through ambition, brave moves, aiming high, and working hard to deliver the positive impact that achieving success brings to people’s lives.
- They seek new and better ways to make the perfect match between client and candidate to stay one step ahead.
- Hays stick to this sustainable value chain to ensure needs of their customers and shareholders who purchase shares with the company are met while providing high levels of income, income growth and capital appreciation for shareholders.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF HAYS PLC
Hays plc shares are traded on the Financial Times Stock Exchange (FTSE) under the stock symbol HAS listed in the Support sector.
Financial highlights of the 2019 financial year include net fee income of £ 1,129.7million, pre-exceptional operating profit of £ 248.8million and profit before tax of £ 231.2million.
A special dividend per share of 5.43p and core dividend per share of 3.97p was declared. Revenue for 2018 was £ 5,753.3 million and net income £ 165.8 million.
A sustained performance gives shareholders confidence to buy or sell shares and to expect sound dividends and returns in future.
Buy HAYS PLC stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase HAYS PLC Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy HAYS PLC Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN HAYS PLC STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE HAYS PLC STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of HAYS PLC stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy HAYS PLC stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?