HAMMERSON (HMN) Shares
Hammerson PLC is a European-based owner, manager and developer of retail spaces in UK, Ireland and France, with a high-value portfolio that includes 23 prime shopping centres in those countries respectively as well as 18 retail parks in the UK and 19 premium outlets in Europe.
Hammerson secured a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) in September 2016, allowing both private and institutional investors in South Africa to buy into the company profits and receive a return in dividends.
This also allowed Hammerson to extend its global reach through its shareholder base, thereby contributing to its liquidity and the tradability of its shares through a widened base of international capital. The company currently trades on the JSE under the stock symbol –HMN with a market cap of over R38 billion.
You might also like: GROWTHPOINT PROPERTIES SHARES
- Hammerson has bolstered its success by increasing its market presence through securing prime retail spaces and lucrative investments in Birmingham, Leeds, Southampton and Dublin.
- The company thrives on a strong and efficient employment base with broad market insight and marketing prowess. The Hammerson Product Experience Framework is set up to integrate its asset and development management in order to optimize the profitability of its property assets.
- As part of this process the company has worked to differentiate itself in the market by attracting flagship retailers, including such big names as Apple, while introducing the largest exclusive leisure and dining scheme to enhance its retail properties, particularly the Southampton-based Westquay shopping centre.
- The company’s positive business forecasts as well as its longstanding market presence have served to bolster its share price, providing strong dividend returns for those who purchase them on the JSE. The company’s retail focus has been a sound business move, boosted by global capital providers and joint ventures, as well as by utilizing the expertise of its collaborators to market the company successfully and secure its reputation and increase the scale of its operations.
- Hammerson’s overall growth strategy combines a successful recipe of asset management, allowing it to sustainably manage its portfolio and generate growth while attracting future retailers and customers.
- The group has a solid reputation of establishing successful retail and leisure destinations while anticipating future customer needs, ensuring stable long-term growth and a valuable share price on the JSE. All in all, Hammerson shares remain a good medium and long-term buy promising increased dividends for investors.
HAMMERSON INVESTOR TIPS
- Data from the live online stock charts show that the Hammerson share price has continued to deliver strong returns for its investors.
- Hammerson’s efforts in growing its consumer markets through a strong retail focus delivered a 5.7% return on its shares in 2016 alone, helped by strong rental growth and its success in increasing its market share. As a result, adjusted earnings per share grew by 8.6% with an increased dividend per share of 7.6%
- In terms of its global operations, Hammerson chooses to focus on prime locations rather than specific countries, in order to gain domination of the retail property market on an asset-by-asset basis.
- Today, the group’s valuable portfolio consists of well-positioned shopping centres in large European cities, including Birmingham, London, Dublin, Leeds, Paris and Marseille. Hammerson board members are confident that they will continue to provide consistent returns in 2019 and beyond, with its total property return of 5.7% beating the IDP benchmark and resulting in a boost in the company’s share price.
You might also like: GOLD FIELDS SHARES
Buy HAMMERSON stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase HAMMERSON Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy HAMMERSON Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN HAMMERSON STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE HAMMERSON STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of HAMMERSON stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy HAMMERSON stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : GLOBE TRADE CENTRE SHARES