GREENE KING (GNK) Shares
ABOUT GREENE KING
Greene King is the UK’s largest pub retailer and brewer. It is based in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, England. The group operates 3 100 pubs, restaurants and hotels.
The company was founded in 1799 by Benjamin Greene but in 1836 Edward Greene took over and merged it in 1887 with Frederick William King’s brewing business to create Greene King.
The group has grown via mergers and acquisitions, with the acquisition of Spirit taking the number of Greene King sites to 3 116. Bringing 14 brands together made it the largest managed pub company in the UK in 2015.
In 2019 the Hong Kong based CK Assets proposed to take over Greene King, which shareholders will have to approve.
OVERVIEW OF GREENE KING
- Greene King is well-known in the alcoholic beverage industry for its beer products. Its brewery in Bury St Edmunds produces branded beers like Morland (Old Speckled Hen), Ruddles, Hardys & Hanson and Tolly Cobbold. The Belhaven Brewery in Dunbar operates in Scotland.
- Its retail division is split between destination pubs and restaurants, with brands including Hungry Horse, Loch Fyne, Taylor Walker and Metropolitan Pub Company, and local pubs; with more retail outlets to be opened as time goes by.
- The pub partners division lease, tenant and franchise pubs but the current strategy is to reduce the numbers of these outlets.
- Visitors are also entertained on regular tours throughout the week to a visitor centre next to the brewery.
- In 2016 Greene King launched a hospitality programme with The Prince’s Trust to address the skills and experience gaps that prevent jobless people from getting employed.
- The next year they launched the Craft Academy, where apprentices earn while they learn about brewing, design and marketing to qualify for a Diploma in Sales.
- Greene King won best managed pub company and their chief executive won business of the year award at the 2016 Publican Awards.
- The next year Greene King Pub Partners won best tenanted & leased pub company at the 2017 Publican Awards.
VISION & VALUES OF GREENE KING
Greene King realises the importance of behaving responsible, caring and sustainable because it matters to customers, team members and neighbours.
They value the importance of communities, people, environment and customers because pubs are the places where everyone goes to enjoy time with friends and family.
They are adamant to be a first-class employer that attracts and retain the best people and gives the team of 39 000 employees the opportunity to develop in their careers.
With these in place Greene King aims to maximise benefits for both employees and shareholders who purchase shares with them.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF GREENE KING
Greene King’s shares are traded on the Financial Times Stock Exchange (FTSE) under the stock symbol GNK listed in the Tourism and Leisure sector.
Maintaining their past performance revenue of £2,176.7 million was obtained in 2018, as well as operating income of £373.1 million and net income of £162.5 million.
This position in the market gives shareholders ample confidence to buy or sell shares and expect sound dividends and returns.
Buy GREENE KING stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase GREENE KING Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy GREENE KING Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN GREENE KING STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE GREENE KING STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of GREENE KING stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy GREENE KING stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?