Great Portland Estates plc Shares
GREAT PORTLAND ESTATES PLC (GPOR) Shares
ABOUT GREAT PORTLAND ESTATES PLC
Great Portland Estates plc is a UK-based property development and investment company with a history dating back to 1959, when it was first founded by Basil Samuel to invest in properties originally developed by the Dukes of Portland.
? Today the company operates a high-value property portfolio with the bulk of its assets situated in London, the largest grouping of which is the Marylebone district of central London.
OVERVIEW OF GREAT PORTLAND ESTATES PLC
- Great Portland Estates plc own £ 2.6 billion of real estate in central London. It proactively manages its portfolio, flexing its activities according to London’s property cycle to deliver long-term out-performance. The company works to create in-demand spaces that are highly responsive to the market.
The core principles of its business model are:
• 100% central London, with a West End focus
• Reposition properties let off low rents
• Flex operational risk through the property cycle
• Maintain low financial leverage
• Disciplined capital management; raise to acquire, distribute excess
- With its portfolio completely focused on London, and 54% of its portfolio in its development programme and pipeline, the company is well positioned for future growth. With detailed business plans for each property reviewed quarterly and its focus on improving sustainability metrics that enhance the long term value of the business and reduce obsolescence, the company creates efficient, resilient healthy and innovative space which meets the changing demands of modern occupiers and is sensitive to the environment in which it is located.
- The company looks to buy tired, inefficient properties assets, often with poor environmental credentials, in strong locations with angles to exploit. They are usually priced below replacement cost, typically acquired off-market and let off low rents.
- The managers typically rotate 10-20% of the portfolio every year by selling properties where its business plans have been executed or to monetize expected future profits. The proceeds are then reinvested into higher return opportunities.
- Through this recycling, the company has established a legacy of high quality, sustainable buildings which benefit London and the communities in which they are located.
VISION & VALUES OF GREAT PORTLAND ESTATES PLC
Great Portland Estates plc’s values are centered on sustainability.
To this end the company is committed to ensuring that its buildings are designed and managed to support the mental health wellbeing of its employees, occupiers and local communities.
The company also has a clear strategy for considering outdoor and indoor air quality, a significant issue in London, and is focused on improving the design of its new and existing buildings to improve energy efficiency and continue to drive down carbon emissions.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF GREAT PORTLAND ESTATES PLC
Great Portland Investment Estates plc currently trades on the Financial Times Stock Exchange (FTSE) where investors can buy shares under the stock symbol GPOR. Data from the company’s 2019 financial analysis shows a strong financial position, with LTV of 9.9%, weighted average interest rate of 2.7%, and drawn debt 100% fixed or hedged.
The company was a net seller for the sixth consecutive year with sales of £ 348.9 million, at prices in line with March 2018 book values, including two primes, long-let completed development schemes. With its disciplined balance sheet management, combined with no purchases in the year, the company launched its third recent return of surplus equity to shareholders, on this occasion through a flexible share buy-back programme, of up to £ 200 million.
As a result, the company has returned £ 490 million of surplus equity to shareholders in the last two years. It has also maintained both its financial strength, with its loan to value ratio at only 8.7%, and its significant liquidity, with cash and committed undrawn facilities of £ 608 million.
This strong financial position and strong growth is set to deliver a solid share price and flourishing dividends for investors who choose to buy shares.
Buy GREAT PORTLAND ESTATES PLC stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase GREAT PORTLAND ESTATES PLC Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy GREAT PORTLAND ESTATES PLC Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN GREAT PORTLAND ESTATES PLC STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE GREAT PORTLAND ESTATES PLC STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of GREAT PORTLAND ESTATES PLC stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy GREAT PORTLAND ESTATES PLC stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?