GRAINCORP (GNC) Shares
GrainCorp Limited is a public company with its core business to receive and store grain and related commodities. It also provides logistics and markets these commodities. It headquarters in Sydney and has a global workforce of over 1 100.
The company was founded as a New South Wales public sector agency, Government Grain Elevator (later the Grain Elevators Board), in 1917. It was to transport grain from local collection points located on railways throughout the grain-producing regions of New South Wales. Its name changed to the Grain Handling Authority. It privatized in 1992 with a majority of shares transferred to grain growers.
GrainCorp Limited extended into the other Australian states through mergers with other grain handling operations. It operates a network of rail-linked storages across southeast Australia. It has export terminals in Brisbane, Mackay, Gladstone, Port Kembla, Newcastle, Portland and Geelong.
In 2009, the company expanded into North America through the purchase of the United Malt Holdings group of companies.
In July 2011, it agreed to buy maltster GermanMalt GmbH & Co which extending its reach into Europe.
As of 2012, the company was receiving acquisition bids from Archer Daniels Midland. The German sites were then renamed Schill Malz. Today, Graincorp operates a fleet of 1 848 Class locomotives in Eastern Australia.
OVERVIEW OF GRAINCORP
- GrainCorp Limited is an Australia-based food ingredients and agribusiness company. The company focuses its activities on approximately three grains, including wheat, barley and canola.
- It has four segments: GrainCorp Storage & Logistics, GrainCorp Marketing, GrainCorp Malt and GrainCorp Oils. GrainCorp Storage & Logistics includes CropConnect, which is an online cash marketplace, and GrainTransact, which is the company’s grain stock system.
- GainCorp Marketing includes the buying and selling of grain products. GrainCorp Malt supplies malt to global brewers, craft brewers and distillers.
- GrainCorp Oils sources, supplies and refines edible oils used in food and animal feed products, as well as non-food industrial production, such as biofuel.
- CropConnect allows users to manage, sell and buy warehoused grain. It allows growers to set the cash price for their warehoused grain.
VISION & VALUES OF GRAINCORP
- GrainCorp Limited’s vision is to be a leading international agribusiness, and its customers’ preferred partner.
- It strategy is to focus and strengthen its core business, which includes pursuing growth opportunities, delivering a return on its capital investments, expanding its grain origination footprint and improving it efficiency. It is committed to safety as far as employees, contractors, visitors to its sites and the community is concerned.
- The company puts its customers at the center of everything it does and partners with them to deliver value.
- It works to deliver sustainable performance for each other, its communities and the environment. Shareholders who purchase company shares can rest assured of superior value.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF GRAINCORP
- GrainCorp Limited trades on Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and lists under the stock symbol GNC. The company forms part of the ASX 100.
- In September 2019, the company reports revenue of US Dollar 4,094.10m and a gross profit of US Dollar 747.10m. Net income before taxes is US Dollar 65.10m.
- Basic earnings per share is 25.7c.
Buy GRAINCORP stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase GRAINCORP Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy GRAINCORP Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN GRAINCORP STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE GRAINCORP STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of GRAINCORP stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy GRAINCORP stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?