GLOBAL CORD BLOOD (CO) Stocks
ABOUT GLOBAL CORD BLOOD
Global Cord Blood Corporation is a science company that specializes in the storage of umbilical cord blood stem cells. These are used for people with children who wish to save the cord blood cells on behalf of their children.
The company is the first who specializes in the cord blood banking business in the industry to be approved by the People’s Republic of China as well as the Ministry of Health.
Global Cord is the largest Chinese cord blood banking company. It is also one of the AsiaCORD (Asia Cord Blood Bank) Organization, a highly acknowledged non-profit organization.
Global Cord Blood Corporation headquartered in Hong Kong and registered in Cayman Islands. The company’s subsidiaries include Guangdong Province Cord Blood Bank, Beijing Municipality Cord Blood Bank, Zhejiang Province Cord Blood Bank as well as interests in Shandong Province Cord Blood Bank.
HISTORY OF GLOBAL CORD BLOOD
- In 2003 Global Cord Blood Corporation starts operating with its Beijing Municipality Cord Blood Bank.
- In 2005 it is the first Chinese company to receive ISO 9001, a system that ensures companies offer consistent products and services and meets certain stakeholder and customer regulatory requirements. Global Cord buys Guangdong Province Cord Blood Bank in 2007. Two years later the company completes an expansion in its Beijing Municipality Cord Blood Bank.
- In 2010 19.9 percent stake in the Shandong Province Cord Blood Bank is purchased. Its Zhejiang Province Cord Blood Bank starts operating in 2011.
- In 2012 KKR China Healthcare Investment Limited invests US Dollar 65 million in the company. A year later Beijing Municipality Cord Blood Bank are AABB accredited.
- Global Cord expands its portfolio in 2014 with the completion of its new facility, Zhejiang Province Cord Blood Bank, and expansion of its Guangdong Province Cord Blood Bank. Global Cord subscribers exceeds 500 000 in 2016.
VISION & VALUES OF GLOBAL CORD BLOOD
- Global Cord Blood Corporation is highly recognized for its quality services. The company’s mission is to serve its customers with the utmost dedication, integrity and ethical standards.
- It aims to provide shareholders with high earnings and long term value.
- The company is committed to its customers, employees, communities and shareholders.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF GLOBAL CORD BLOOD
- Global Cord Blood Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “CO”.
- Data analysis for the company’s fourth quarter for 2019 reports a revenue of R 37.5 million, an 8.0 percent increase. Operating income is US Dollar 13.2 million. Gross profit is US Dollar 30.4 million, an 8.2 percent increase. Non GAAP operating income is US Dollar 15.2 million.
- Net income attributable to shareholders is US Dollar 13.6 million. Net cash provided by operating activities is US Dollar 33.0 million, a 14 percent increase. Potential investors can buy affordably priced shares now.