GARTNER (IT) Stocks
Gartner, Inc., an information technology research and advisory company, was incorporated on June 1, 1990 and has its headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut in the United States. The company assists its clients to research, analyse and interpret the business of information technology (IT), supply-chain and marketing.
The company’s clients comprise large corporations, government agencies, technology companies and investors. Its client portfolio includes about 12 000 organizations in more than 100 countries. Gartner, Inc. was founded in 1979 by Gideon Gartner as the Gartner Group, Inc., a private company.
The company went public in 1993 and simplified its name to Gartner in 2000. Although the company at first targeted CIOs, IT, marketing and supply chain managers its offering was expanded to support every business function through the acquisition of CEB, Inc. The company uses Hype Cycles and Magic Quadrants for visualization of its market analysis results.
Over the years, Gartner, Inc. acquired numerous companies that offer related services, such as Real Decisions (that later became Gartner Measurement in the company’s consulting division), the Meta Group, AMR Research, Burton Group and Ideas International, to name but a few. Today, the company employs approximately 15 000 people across its operations.
You might also like: GARMIN STOCKS
HISTORY OF GARTNER
- Gartner, Inc. conducts its operations through three segments: Research, Consulting and Events. The Research segment comprises subscription-based research products, peer networking services, access to research inquiry and membership programs. Its clients include chief information officers (CIOs) and IT professionals, as well as supply-chain, marketing and other business professionals. It offers clients insight through reports, tools and briefings.
- Research analysts offer analyses on various aspects of technology such as hardware and software systems as well as IT management, market data and forecasts.
- Consulting provides customized solutions through on-site, day-to-day support and tools for measuring and managing IT performance. These fact-based consulting services assist clients to manage IT in order to optimize business performance.
- This segment also offers consulting services to professionals in specific industries. It supplies solutions for IT cost optimization, technology upgrading and IT sourcing optimization initiatives.
- The Events segment focuses on giving IT, supply chain and other business professionals the opportunity to attend conferences and symposiums to learn, contribute and network with their peers.
- Event sessions comprise technology showcases, peer exchanges, workshops and one-on-one meetings.
VISION & VALUES OF GARTNER
- Gartner, Inc. is passionate about delivering the technology-related insight needed by its clients to make the right decisions every day. The company is result-driven and customer-focused. By operating in a transparent and accountable manner, it stimulates growth and adds value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
- It values its workforce and encourages collaboration and diversity by creating a working environment in which all inputs are welcome and rewarded.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF GARTNER
- Gartner, Inc.trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “IT”. The company is an S&P 500 component.
- For the second quarter 2019, the company recorded total revenue of USUS Dollar 1.1 billion and net income of USUS Dollar 103 million. Its adjusted EBITDA amounted to USUS Dollar 185 million.
- These sound financials afford shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.
You might also like: FREEPORT-McMORAN STOCKS
LATEST NEWS GARTNER
Buy GARTNER stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase GARTNER Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy GARTNER Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN GARTNER STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE GARTNER STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of GARTNER stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy GARTNER stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : FRANKLIN RESOURCES STOCKS