FRANKLIN RESOURCES (BEN) Stocks
ABOUT FRANKLIN RESOURCES
? Franklin Resources, Inc. is a holding company and offers its services through Franklin, Franklin Bissett, Franklin Mutual Series, Templeton, Darby, Fiduciary Trust, Liberty Shares and Balanced Equity Management products. The company and its subsidiaries operates as Franklin Templeton Investments, which is one of the largest investment companies in the world.
Franklin offers its products and services to high net-worth customers as well as retail and institutional customers across the globe. Its portfolio includes alternative investment products, regional funds, trusts, Unites States and non-United States registered funds and managed accounts.
Franklin Resources, Inc. is headquartered in San Mateo, California. The company has more than 9 700 employees working in its management firms around the globe in 35 countries. The company’s client base reaches more than 170 countries.
HISTORY OF FRANKLIN RESOURCES
- In 1947 Rupert H. Johnson founds the Benjamin Franklin Company as a brokerage firm in New York. Its first mutual funds are named Franklin Custodian Funds. Franklin grows steadily and by the 1950’s its assets under management are valued at US Dollar 2.5 million.
- In 1971 the company goes public and it provides the funds needed to expand its portfolio. It buys an investment firm in California named Winfield & Company. Franklin’s assets under management are now valued at US Dollar 250 million. Franklin’s assets under management almost doubles in the early 1980’s.
- In 1986 Franklin Resources starts trading on the New York Stock Exchange and expands to Taiwan. Two years later the company buys L.F. Rothschild Fund Management Company. In 1992 Franklin merges with Templeton, Galbraith & Hansberger Ltd., the largest merger at the time for an independent mutual fund. Now named Franklin Templeton, the company gains international equity funds. It buys Heine Securities Corporation, a well-known investment advisor.
- During the next few years the company acquires numerous companies that allows it to grow significantly and adds investment data science, statistical algorithms and machine learning to its portfolio. The company purchases a global investment management company, Edinburg Partners, in 2018.
- In 2019 the purchase of a credit manager, Benefit Street Partners, provides an opportunity for the company to multiply its fixed income capabilities and credit strategies.
VISION & VALUES OF FRANKLIN RESOURCES
- Franklin Resources, Inc. focuses on delivering value to its shareholders, employees, customers and communities from where it operates. It values high performance and integrity. The company is socially and environmentally responsible.
- Buildings are equipped to minimize energy consumption and management systems monitor energy usage and air quality. Water management systems are also used and the company provides recycling programs in offices, community activities and cafeterias.
- Sustainable materials are used where possible in construction projects and green cleaning products are used in cleaning processes. The company believes in corporate giving and donates to non-profit organizations. More than 400 community projects benefit from employee volunteer work every year.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF FRANKLIN RESOURCES
- Franklin Resources, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “BEN”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports total operating revenues ofUS Dollar 1,476.7 million. Operating income is US Dollar 374.9 million and net income is US Dollar 254.6 million. Total assets for the reported period are US Dollar 14,463.3.
- Dividends paid by the company in this period are US Dollar 138.3 million. Potential investors can buy shares in 2019 at a good price.
You might also like: FORTUNE BRANDS HOME & SECURITY STOCKS
LATEST NEWS FRANKLIN RESOURCES
Buy FRANKLIN RESOURCES stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase FRANKLIN RESOURCES Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy FRANKLIN RESOURCES Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN FRANKLIN RESOURCES STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE FRANKLIN RESOURCES STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of FRANKLIN RESOURCES stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy FRANKLIN RESOURCES stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?