FORTINET (FTNT) Stocks
? Fortinet, Inc. is a network and content security company. It provides top-rated, innovative, broad spectrum and high performance security for IT infrastructures. Its client portfolio includes data centers, distribution offices, carriers, enterprises and the majority of the Fortune 500 companies. The company’s infrastructure covers several options. Network Security provides protection for an entire attack surface from headquarters to branch offices.
Multi-Cloud Security offers security for connectivity and applications.Secure Access delivers management, access to devices and application without affecting speed and performance.Security Operations detect, prevent, and respond to malware and improve security.
Network Operations identifies and prevents network breaches. Endpoint and Device Protection offers visibility, protection and control across a network. Application Security provides business web applications with products that protects against possible threats.
Fortinet, Inc.is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California. The company employs more than 6 200 people and has approximately 415 000 customers across the globe.
You might also like: FOOT LOCKER STOCKS
HISTORY OF FORTINET
- The company is founded in 2000 and named Appligation, Inc. A few months later it is renamed to ApSecure and then to Fortinet (combining the words Fortified Networks).
- The company launches its first product in 2002 named FortiGate. During the next year it launches its first channel program.
- In 2003 Fortinet starts offering its products in Canada and in 2004 in the United Kingdom. It soon expands to Asia, North America and Europe.
- Fortinet, Inc. has its initial public offering in November 2009. The public can buy a total of 5.8 million shares for a price of US Dollar 16.62 per share. The company buys the application host service, XDN, in 2012.
- In 2013 it buys Coyote Point, a manufacturer of networking equipment.
- In 2015 it buys Meru Networks, a hardware company. Fortinet purchases more companies during the next few years to expand its portfolio. In 2015 and 2017 the company provides intelligence to Interpol about online scams and web security.
- In 2018 Fortinet, Inc. and Interpol enters an agreement involving Fortinet to share information in connection with security threats etc.
VISION & VALUES OF FORTINET
- Fortinet, Inc.sets high standards for the directors and employees of the company. The company values ethical business practices and sound corporate governance. It is socially and environmentally responsible and committed to make a positive impact and minimize its carbon footprint.
- Fortinet, Inc. frequently wins awards. In 2019 Frost and Sullivan names Fortinet in India the Network Security Company of the Year. The same year Network Middle East names the company for its Innovation Award for its security technology services.
- The Channel Awards names Fortinet in its Best Security Vendor category. Several more awards are won each year.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF FORTINET
- Fortinet, Inc.trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSEstock symbol “FTNT”.
- Analysis data for the company’s first quarter for 2019 reports a revenue of US Dollar 472.6 million, an 18 percent increase. GAAP operating margin is 11 percent and non- GAAP operating margin is 20 percent. GAAP diluted net income per share is US Dollar 0.34 and the company’s non-GAAP diluted net income per share is US Dollar 0.46.
- Free cash flow for the reported period is US Dollar 191.1 million. Cash flow from operations is US Dollar 201.3 million.
You might also like: FMC CORPORATION STOCKS
LATEST NEWS FORTINET
Buy FORTINET stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase FORTINET Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy FORTINET Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN FORTINET STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE FORTINET STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of FORTINET stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy FORTINET stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : FLUOR STOCKS