FORTESCUE METALS GROUP (FMG) Shares
ABOUT FORTESCUE METALS GROUP
Fortescue Metals Group Limited is an Australian iron ore company. The company has holdings of more than 87 000 km2 in the Pilbara region of Western Australia, making it the largest tenement holder in the state, employing approximately 5 500+ people.
Founded in 2003, Fortescue Metals Group Limited has since discovered and developed major iron ore deposits and constructed some of the most significant mines in the world. Today, it ships around 170 million tonnes of iron ore per annum.
It is the lowest cost provider of seaborne iron ore to China. Its relationship with customers in China have grown from the first commercial shipment of iron ore in 2008, to now being a core supplier of seaborne iron ore to China and expanding into markets in Japan, South Korea and India.
The group has two main areas of operations located within the Pilbara region of Western Australia, the Chichester Hub and Solomon Hub. Plans to develop a third, Western Hub are currently in developmental stage.
In 2017 Fortescue started exploration of possible mining tenements in South America and other parts of Australia.
OVERVIEW OF FORTESCUE METALS GROUP
- Fortescue Metals Group Limited is committed in the exploration, development, production, processing and sale of iron ore.
- The company owns and operates an integrated supply chain, including its five berth Herb Elliott Port in Port Hedland and the heavy haul railway with approximately 42 ton axle load capacity over 620 kilometers of track.
- The Solomon Hub is located in the Hamersley Ranges, and includes the Firetail and Kings Valley mines. The Chichester Hub, which includes the Cloudbreak and Christmas Creek mines, is located in the Chichester Ranges with three-ore processing facilities.
- The Company owns and operates its purpose designed rail and port facilities, constructed to deliver iron ore from its mines to Port Hedland and onto its customers.
- Its Iron Bridge Magnetite project is located over 100 kilometers south of Port Hedland.
VISION & VALUES OF FORTESCUE METALS GROUP
- Fortescue Metals Group keeps its values at the ore of what it does, ensuring it remains trusted and respected and achieves its vision to be the safest, lowest cost, most profitable mining company.
- Innovation in exploration, ore processing and plant design is a key component of its strategy to efficiently and effectively deliver products from mine to market.
- Fortescue values its relationship with key stakeholders by working together to create opportunities for Aboriginal people, contribute to the success of local communities, protect the environment and strengthen the broader Australian economy.
- It is committed to ensure balance sheet strength and flexibility, investing in the core long-term sustainability of the business while pursuing growth and development options and delivering returns to shareholders.
- Shareholders who purchase company shares can rest assured of superior value.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF FLIGHT CENTRE TRAVEL GROUP
- Fortescue Metals Group Ltd trades on Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and lists under the stock symbol FMG. The company forms part of the ASX 100.
- In the September 2019 quarterly, Net debt reduces to USUS Dollar 0.5 billion with gross debt of USUS Dollar 3.9 billion. It records an underlying EBITDA of USUS Dollar 6.0 billion, NPAT of USUS Dollar 3.2 billion, and earnings per share of USUS Dollar 1.03 or AUS Dollar 1.47.
- The board declares a fully franked final dividend of AUS Dollar 0.24 per share bringing total FY19 dividends to AUS Dollar 1.14.
Buy FORTESCUE METALS GROUP stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase FORTESCUE METALS GROUP Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy FORTESCUE METALS GROUP Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN FORTESCUE METALS GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE FORTESCUE METALS GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of FORTESCUE METALS GROUP stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy FORTESCUE METALS GROUP stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?