FORESTAR GROUP (FOR) Stocks
ABOUT FORESTAR GROUP
? Forestar Group Inc. is an oil, gas and other recourses company. Its oil and gas mineral interests exceeds 590 000 acres.
The company focusses on the exploration and production of high quality, low risk oil and gas operations that boosts value. Its natural resources business offers wood fiber for sale in Georgia areas. It has approximately 1.5 million acres of groundwater resources.
Forestar is also a real estate developer and its portfolio has operations in more than 50 markets in 20 states.
Since 2002 the company’s majority shareholder, D.R. Horton, Inc., is the largest United States’ homebuilder by volume. Forestar primarily purchases permitted real estate and develops it into single-family and multi-family residential properties as well as mixed-use communities.
HISTORY OF FORESTAR GROUP
- In 1955 Lumbermen’s Investment Corporation is created. The company focusses on the buy and development of residential and commercial real estate properties. In 1991 the company, along with Cousins Properties Incorporated, forms Temco Associates, LLC. Temco develops residential sites in the Paulding County area in Georgia.
- In 2002 the two companies forms CL Realty, L.L.C. to develop residential sites and communities in Texas and the southeastern United States areas.
- In 2006 Lumbermen’s Investment Corporation changes its name to Forestar (USA) Real Estate Group Inc. The same year Forestar’s parent company, Temple-Inland Inc., reports Forestar as a separate business.
- In 2007 Temple-Inland distributes all of Forestar’s outstanding and issued common stock to its shareholders.
- In 2012 Forestar Group buys an oil and gas exploration, development and production company named CREDO Petroleum. CREDO has leasehold interests in more than 135 000 net mineral acres, expanding the company’s portfolio impressively.
- In 2017 D.R. Horton, Inc. buys 75 percent of the company.
VISION & VALUES OF FORESTAR GROUP
- Forestar Group Inc.’s vision is to create solutions that meet its customers’ needs and to be the leading developer of residential properties. It is geographically diverse and financially strong, creating value and high earnings to its shareholders.
- The company offers desirable, quality communities to customers with trust, integrity and ethical values. Forestar’s goal is to create sustainable homes. It is environmentally responsible and incorporates green spaces as well as features that conserve energy and water into its communities.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF FORESTAR GROUP
- Forestar Group Inc. trades on the New York stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “FOR”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports revenues of US Dollar 88.2 million. Total cash, cash equivalents and restricted cash are US Dollar 223.2 million. Total assets are US Dollar 1,325.2 million. Cost of sales are US Dollar 75.3 million. Potential investors can purchase company shares now at an affordable price.