Flowers Foods Stocks
FLOWERS FOODS (FLO) Stocks
ABOUT FLOWERS FOODS
Flowers Foods, Inc. is a producer and marketer of bakery products. The company is well known for quality and named the 2019 DSD Supplier of the Year by Southeastern Grocers.
Flowers Foods is recognized as one of the largest United States producers of packaged bakery foods. It operates 47 bakeries that produces a variety of products that are offered to more than 85 percent of the population through retail and food markets across the United States.
These bakeries are equipped with advanced technologies. The company’s portfolio offers fresh breads, buns and rolls, snack cakes as well as tortillas. Its brands include Dave’s Killer Bread, Nature’s Own, Cobblestone Bread Co., Tastykake and Wonder.
It also sells franchised and licensed brands Sara Lee, Sunbeam and Bunny.
Flowers Foods, Inc. has more than 9 200 employees across the United States and is headquartered in Thomasville, Georgia.
HISTORY OF FLOWERS FOODS
- In 1919 Flowers Baking Company is opened by William Howard and Joseph Hampton Flowers, two brothers from Thomasville, Georgia.
- In 1937 the company buys Tally Maid bakery.
- By 1942 it is the 6th largest United States bakery to offer Quality Bakers of America’s Sunbeam brands.
- In the 1960’s several companies are purchased in Georgia, Florida and Alabama. In 1968 Flowers has its initial public offering and changes its name to Flowers Industries. Soon after the company is listed on the American Stock Exchange. Flowers lists on the New York Stock Exchange in 1982.
- In 1983 the company appears on the Fortune 500. It buys Mrs. Smith’s Pies and Keebler Company in 1996.
- In 2001 Kellogg Company buys Keebler from Flowers. Flowers Bakeries and Mrs. Smith’s Bakeries becomes a new company named Flowers Foods. Several more companies are acquired during the next few years and the company adds Ideal Baking Company, ButterKrust Bakery, Royal Cake Company, and Ideal Baking Company to its portfolio, creating the opportunity to expand into Arkansas, North Carolina, Florida, Tennessee and other areas.
- Since 2003 Flowers Foods purchases more than 16 companies.
VISION & VALUES OF FLOWERS FOODS
- Flowers Foods, Inc.’s mission is to provide its trusted and high quality products at affordable prices to customers across the United States.
- Its vision is to be the leading bakery in the United States. The company is driven by creativity, teamwork d leadership. It values quality, integrity, creativity and service. Flowers Foods is socially responsible and contributes to several organizations.
- The company also minimizes its environmental footprint by recycling and reducing energy and water consumption.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF FLOWERS FOODS
- Flowers Foods, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “FLO”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending July 13, 2019 reports total assets of $ 3,219,792 thousand. Cash and cash equivalents are $ 9,769 thousand and sales are $ 975,759 thousand. Income from operations is $ 72,334 thousand. Net income for the reported period is $ 53,095 thousand. Dividends are $ 0.19 per common share. Total dividends paid are $ 40,188 thousand.