FIRST REPUBLIC BANK (FRC) Stocks
ABOUT FIRST REPUBLIC BANK
First Republic Bank is an American public company that provides wealth management under private and business banking as well as private wealth management. Its market is high net-worth, low-risk clientele. Personalized services are offered through banking or trust offices in cities such as Los Angeles, Newport Beach, Palm Beach, New York City and Palo Alto.
Wealth management services are offered through First Republic Investment Management and First Republic Wealth Advisors. The company’s trust services are offered through First Republic Trust Company. First Republic Securities Company LLC offers brokerage services.
First Republic Bank’shistory dates back to 1985 when it was founded. It is headquartered in San Francisco, California and today it has approximately 5 400 employees.
Its subsidiaries include First Republic Investment Management Inc, Gradifi, Inc., Starbuck Tisdale & Associates and First Republic Lending Corporation.
HISTORY OF FIRST REPUBLIC BANK
- In 1985 the company is founded as a small thrift company. Merrill Lynch buys the company in 2007 for US Dollar 1.8 billion. Merrill’s aim is to accelerate its high net worth, private banking business with this acquisition. In 2008 Merrill Lynch and its subsidiaries are acquired by Bank of America.
- A year later two private equity firms, General Atlantic and Colony Capital, together with a group of investors,buy almost 50% of First Republic for approximately US Dollar 1 billion. The deal is finalised in 2010. A UK based news service reports that the new investments consortium provides an additional US Dollar 800 million in order to meet U.S. regulators’ new capital requirements.
- Constellation Wealth Partners is one of the advisory teams acquired by the bank’s private wealth management unit during the next few years. First Republic Bank has various high profile customers and also opens branches in Silicon Valley at the Twitter Inc. and Facebook headquarters by 2016.
- The company is listed #21 on Barron’s list of America’s Top 40 Wealth Management Firms in 2016. First Republic has US Dollar 68 billion in assets by the end of 2016. The company buys Gradifi in 2016 and it continues to operate under its own name. In 2018 First Republic invests in student loan financier, CommonBond.
- Forbes ranks First Republic Bank #220 on its Global 2000 list of “growth champions” in 2018. At this point the company has a market cap of US Dollar 15.8 billion and its wealth management assets total US Dollar 121.1 billion.
VISION & VALUES OF FIRST REPUBLIC BANK
- First Republic Bank has donated more than US Dollar 7 billion to the financing of affordable rental housing and the promotion of community development in low-to-moderate-income communities since 2010.
- In 2018 it supports more than 870 non-profit organizations through volunteerism and charitable contributions among others. It has also started an Employee Volunteer Program giving each employee two paid work days for volunteering and more than 14 600 service hours were given in 2018.
- The bank supports the Meals on Wheels program in San Francisco by assisting the needy through the provision of meals and supportive services to isolated home bound individuals and those living below the poverty level.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF FIRST REPUBLIC BANK
- First Republic Bank trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “FRC”. It is an S&P 500 and a Russell 1000 component.
- The company’s second quarter 2019 results report – year-over-year – revenues of US Dollar 819.4 million, up 10.1%.
- Its net interest income is US Dollar 674.0 million, up 10.2%. Net income is US Dollar 222.6 million, up 6.1%.
LATEST NEWS FIRST REPUBLIC BANK
Buy FIRST REPUBLIC BANK stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase FIRST REPUBLIC BANK Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy FIRST REPUBLIC BANK Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN FIRST REPUBLIC BANK STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE FIRST REPUBLIC BANK STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of FIRST REPUBLIC BANK stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy FIRST REPUBLIC BANK stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?