FIRST AMERICAN (FAF) Stocks
ABOUT FIRST AMERICAN
The First American Corporation (formerly First American Financial Corporation), an American financial services company, was founded in 1889 and has its headquarters in Santa Ana, California. The company forms part of The First American Family of Companies. It is a provider of title insurance and settlement services to the real-estate and mortgage industries.
The company’s roots can be traced back to 1889 when Orange County, California, which was undeveloped at the time, separated from the county of Los Angeles. Two companies were founded to handle the title matters in the new county.
In 1894, local businessman, Charles Edward Parker, merged these companies to form the Orange County Title Company.
Starting in 1909, the company would pay a cash dividend annually for the rest of the century. It became one of the first abstract companies in California to qualify to provide issue title insurance policies. The First American Corporation now prides itself on being a provider of business information and related products and services.
The company provides its products and services through a network of sales agents in the U.S. and in more than 40 countries. First American appeared on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work for-list in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
Today, the company employs more than 80 000 people across its operations.
HISTORY OF FIRST AMERICAN
- The First American Corporation – through its subsidiaries – offers an extensive portfolio of financial services to a global clientele. The company operates through two segments: Title Insurance and Services, and Specialty Insurance.
- The Title Insurance and Services segment offers title insurance, closing and/or escrow services and related services – domestically and globally – pertaining to residential and commercial real-estate transactions. It also provides services, products and solutions related to the use of property data. Data from the company’s data base is designed to manage risk or facilitate real-estate transactions.
- The Specialty Insurance segment focuses on the provision of property and casualty insurance policies. It also markets home warranty products to residential homeowners and renters for liability losses and hazards such as theft, fire, vandalism and a range of other property damages.
- First American is a family-run business, headed by the fourth generation of its founder.
VISION & VALUES OF FIRST AMERICAN
- First American Corporation is passionate about providing its clientele with a happy, healthy and financially enriched life. It therefore strives to provide meaningful financial services and guidance through its competent workforce. Its employees pride themselves on adhering to values such as ethics, care, respect, teamwork and fun.
- The company values the contributions of its clients, partners and stakeholders. First American’s sound and ethical business practices foster trust and stimulate growth. Shareholders who purchase company shares are assured of optimum value and a company that truly cares about their well-being.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF FIRST AMERICAN
- First American Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “FAF”.
- The company is an S&P 400 component.
- For the quarter ending June 30, 2019, the company recorded revenue of USUS Dollar 1.499 billion, an increase of 0.5% year over year. Its total revenue for 2018 was USUS Dollar 5.748 billion. This solid market presence bodes well for shareholders who can buy or sell company shares in the expectation of satisfactory dividends and returns.