FERRO (FOE) Stocks
? Ferro Corporation is a color and coatings solutions company. Its portfolio offers technology based coatings and specialty pigment coloring for metal, ceramic, glass, powders, porcelain enamel, tiles, oxides and other surfaces used in construction, household furnishings, industrial products, automotive, appliances and electronics.
Ferro is known by thousands of manufacturers for its superior quality. It is an expert in color and glass science, formulation, surface application technology and particle engineering. Ferro operates through three sectors – Organics, Inorganics and Electronic Materials. The company has more than 40 manufacturing facilities across the globe.
Ferro Corporation’s headquarters is located in Mayfield Heights, Ohio. The company has approximately 4 900 employees.
HISTORY OF FERRO
- The Ferro Enameling Company is founded in the early 1920’s by Raymond Williams, Henry Luebbert and Harry Cushman. Bob Weaver acts as a marketing companion and founds Ferro Enamel & Supply Co. to sell products manufactured by Cushman’s organization.
- The company soon expands to Canada, Holland and England. In the early 1930’s Ferro Enameling Company and Ferro Enamel & Supply Co. merges. It is named Ferro Enamel Corporation.
- The company starts trading on the New York Stock Exchange in 1939. Ferro soon expands to Brazil, Australia, France and Argentina. Ferro receives awards from the United States Government during the Second World War for outstanding performance.
- During the 1940’s the company develops inorganic color pigments used in plastic, ceramic and porcelain enamel. It expands into Mexico. In 1951 the company changes its name to Ferro Corporation. By the late 1960’s Ferro is the world’s largest glass color manufacturer.
- In 1967 the company buys Electro Refractories and Abrasives Company, the largest acquisition in its history. This expands the company’s portfolio into the high-temperature ceramic industry. It now offers its services and products in more than 50 countries across the globe.
- By the 1972 Ferro is one of the United States’ largest industrial companies and is listed on the Fortune 500.
- In the 2000’s the company starts focusing on technology and its sales exceed US Dollar 1.5 billion. Several companies are purchased during the next few years to form the successful company that it is today.
VISION & VALUES OF FERRO
- Ferro Corporation’s vision for the future includes the goal to have highly trained employees across the globe in order to develop solutions that will create value to its shareholders and customers.
- The company values its employees, innovative ideas, honesty, its communities and environment as well as its customers and shareholders. Its mission is to deliver high quality products world-wide.
- Ferro operates responsibly and minimizes its environmental impact by developing sustainable products, reducing chemical usage and other environmental risks.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF FERRO
- Ferro Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “FOE”.
- Data analysis for the company’s second quarter financial report for 2019 shows net sales of US Dollar 393.9 million. GAAP diluted EPS is US Dollar 0.13 and adjusted EPS is US Dollar 0.35. Net income for the reported period is US Dollar 10.9 million and adjusted EBITDA is US Dollar 62.7 million. Potential investors can buy shares now at a good price.