FASTENAL (FAST) Stocks
Fastenal Company is a distributor of fasteners, tools and supplies needed to build structures, maintain equipment and protect employees.Some of its products offered include hydraulics, electronics and batteries, fleet and automotive, cutting tools and metalworking, lighting, security as well as raw materials.
Its portfolio consists of 2 227 branches, 894 onsite locations, 13 distributions centers and more than 21 640 employees.
Branches are located in the United States, Mexico, Asia and Europe. The company’s inventory is valued at $1.3 billion. An estimated 850 million pounds of products are delivered in 2018 and approximately 41 million orders are processed. Fastenal’s headquarters is located in Winona, Minnesota.
You might also like: F5 NETWORKS STOCKS
HISTORY OF FASTENAL
- Fastenal is founded in 1967 by Bob Kierlin. The store comprises of 1 000 square foot in Winona, Minnesota. The original idea for the store is to provide bolts and nuts via custom vending machines. The company is incorporated in December 1968.
- In 1987 the company has its initial public offering. By 1993 annual sales exceed $100 million.
- Fastenal expands its business to the Canadian market in 1994 and during the next few years it expands to several other countries including Mexico and Asia. In 2008 Fastenal is added to the S&P 500 Index.
- In 2009 the company buys parts of Holo-Krome, a socket screw making company in the United States. Fastenal has retail stores in Panama, Puerto Rico,in every state of the United States and every province of Canada.
VISION & VALUES OF FASTENAL
- Fastenal Company is committed to its investors, customers and employees. Stores offer high quality products at a good price. Customers can conveniently buy products in-store or online and have it delivered to their doorstep. The company believes in promotion from within and provides training to employees. An estimated 655,260 online courses are completed by company employees in 2017.
- More than 95% of the branch managers are promoted from within and several of its senior leaders started their careers at entry level positions at the company. This creates trust and employees make ethical, respectful and fair business decisions in order to provide the best opportunities for all parties.
- To reduce its carbon footprint, energy efficient lighting systems are retrofitted in distribution centers. Recycling and waste reduction programs are utilized for pallet returns, lamps, batteries, cardboard, aluminium and plastic. Truck routes are designed to use less mileage and CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) vehicles are used in selected locations to minimize emissions.
- Fastenal Company is ranked 7th on Industrial Distribution Magazine’s list of Industrial Distribution Big 50 in 2017. The same year Forbes ranks Fastenal 157th on its list of World’s Best Employers and 472nd on its America’s Top Public Companies. Minneapolis St. Paul Business Journal’s ranks Fastenal 20th on its list of Top 75 Public Companies.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF FASTENAL
- Fastenal Company trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “FAST”.
- Analysis data for Fastenal’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports total assets of $3,756.4 million. Net sales are $1,368.4 million and net earnings are $204.6 million.
- Operating income for the reported period is $275.0 million. Gross profit is $641.2 million. Dividends paid in cash are $123.1 million.
You might also like: EXTRA SPACE STORAGE STOCKS
LATEST NEWS FASTENAL
Buy FASTENAL stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase FASTENAL Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy FASTENAL Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN FASTENAL STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE FASTENAL STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of FASTENAL stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy FASTENAL stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : EXPEDITORS INTERNATIONAL OF WASHINGTON STOCKS