F5 NETWORKS (FFIV) Stocks
ABOUT F5 NETWORKS
F5 Networks, Inc. provides cloud and security application services to some of the world’s largest companies, consumer brands and governments. The company uses its Application Delivery Networking to provide its services in a fast, safe and smart manner across any settings, including local load and global balancing and acceleration as well as application firewall security.
Its focus lies on performance, security and availability of servers, data storage devices and cloud resources. The company’s impressive portfolio includes enhanced application ability and application optimization based on platforms such as Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure and OpenStack.
F5 Networks, Inc.’s headquarters is located in Seattle, Washington. The company has approximately 5 200 employees serving in its 69 offices in 36 countries world-wide. F5 has more than 25 000 customers and 49 of the Fortune 50 rely on the company.
You might also like: EXTRA SPACE STORAGE STOCKS
HISTORY OF F5 NETWORKS
- F5 Labs is founded in 1996. The name is later changed to F5 Networks, Inc. The company launches its first product, BIG-IP, in 1997. The product enables servers to function and do extra work when another server becomes overloaded. F5 has its initial public offering in 1999 and starts trading on the NASDAQ stock exchange. During the next decade the company purchases several businesses to expand its portfolio.
- In 2003 F5 buys uRoam, a virtual private network company, for a price of US Dollar 25 million. In order to expand its firewall sector, the company buys MafnifireWebSystems for a price of US Dollar 29 million in 2004.
- The next year it buys Swan Labs, a WAN and web acceleration company, for a price of US Dollar 43 million.
- In 2007 a file virtualization company, Acopia Networks, is purchased for a price of US Dollar 210 million.
- By 2010 the company is appears on Forbes’ 100 Fastest Growing Companies and the S&P500 top 10 best performing stocks. Versafe, an anti-fraud and anti-malware solutions company, is bought in 2013 for US Dollar 87.7 million.
- In 2017 the company introduces a site that analyzes application threats and collects intelligence data involving threats around the world. Findings are published to benefit others.
VISION & VALUES OF F5 NETWORKS
- F5 Networks, Inc.’s values leadership and integrity. The company invests in long-term strategies that create value to shareholders and customers. The company always do the right thing when decisions are made that affect the environment, employees, communities, shareholders and customers.
- F5 has won several awards during the years. In 2018 the company is named #1 for Managed Security Services and for the fifth time, as the best Application Delivery Controller. Other awards include Best B2B PR campaign awards, Best Web Application Solution, several Most Just Companies awards and Best Place to Work Awards.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF F5 NETWORKS
- F5 Networks, Inc.trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “FFIV”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports total revenues ofUS Dollar 563,394 thousand. Total assets in the reported period are US Dollar 3,177,275 thousand and net income is US Dollar 85,905 thousand.
- Total operating expenses are US Dollar 369,887 thousand and gross profit is US Dollar 472,627 thousand.
You might also like: EXPEDITORS INTERNATIONAL OF WASHINGTON STOCKS
LATEST NEWS F5 NETWORKS
Buy F5 NETWORKS stocks / shares – A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase F5 NETWORKS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy F5 NETWORKS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN F5 NETWORKS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a US Dollar 5 stock, multiply 100 by US Dollar 5 to get US Dollar 500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE F5 NETWORKS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of F5 NETWORKS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy F5 NETWORKS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : EXPEDIA GROUP STOCKS