ERM Power Shares
ERM POWER (EPW) Shares
ABOUT ERM POWER
ERM Power Limited is an Australian energy company that operates electricity sales and electricity generation businesses. Today its headquarters is in Brisbane with a staff of 271.
Trevor St Baker founded ERM Power Limited as a specialist Australian energy advisory firm in 1980. In the mid-1990s, the company changed into a power development company to capture opportunities that rose from the deregulation of the Australian electricity industry. In 2007, it added the electricity retailing.
It launched the ERM Business Energy brand in 2012 and in the following year went forward retailing to the small and medium enterprise market. The company entered the U.S. retail electricity market by buying Source Power & Gas in 2015.
ERM Power’s subsidiary, ERM Power Retail Pty Ltd, is the only energy retailer licensed to sell electricity to small businesses in all Australian states, the Australian Capital Territory and Northern Territory.
ERM is licensed through its subsidiary Source Power & Gas, to sell electricity in several markets in the United States. ERM Power Limited is one of Australia’s largest power development companies having led the development of more than 2 000 megawatts of power generation projects.
OVERVIEW OF ERM POWER
- ERM Power Limited is an energy company. It operates electricity sales, generation and energy solutions businesses. The Company’s segments include Business Energy Australia, Business Energy U.S., Generation Assets, and Other.
- The first two segments include electricity sales to business customers in Australia and the United States. The Generation Assets segment includes gas-fired power generation assets and delivery of power generation solutions, from the initial concept through to development and operations. The Other segment includes gas, metering, data analytics, lighting solutions and corporate.
- The Company designs, supplies, installs and supports energy efficient technical solutions, including demand response programs, load control, power factor correction, embedded generation, and sensing and controlling systems.
VISION & VALUES OF ERM POWER
- ERM Power Limited’s vision is to be the leader in its chosen markets by 2021, to double in value and deliver on its promises to clients, people and its investors.
- The company focusses on six values: accountability, caring for its peoples, focusing on its clients, collaboration in being one organization worldwide, empowerment and transparency.
- Shareholders who purchase company shares can rest assured of superior value.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF ERM POWER
- ERM Power Limited trades on Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and lists under the stock symbol EPW. The company forms part of the ASX 100.
- During the second half of 2019, the company records an underlying NPAT of $ 26.0m excluding contribution from the LGC strategy and $ 42.1m including contribution from the LGC strategy.
- The board declares a fully franked dividend of 4.5cps. The capital reserved for organic and inorganic growth increases to $ 60m.
- On market share buyback continued up to $ 15m with total of $ 10.1m.
Buy ERM POWER stocks / shares – ? A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase ERM POWER Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy ERM POWER Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN ERM POWER STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE ERM POWER STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of ERM POWER stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy ERM POWER stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?