EQUINOR (EQNR) Stocks
Equinor ASA is an oil, gas and wind power company. Its portfolio includes crude oil and natural gas, renewable power as well as processed products such as propane, diesel, liquids, methane and condensates. These products are served to more than 170 million people each day in the transportation, manufacturing, communications and other industries.
Equinor is the second largest European natural gas supplier, provides renewable energy to more than 650 000 British homes, is one of the largest global supplier of crude oil and has offshore wind farms in Hywind Scotland and Sheringham Shoal, Dudgeon. The company trades, transports and ships natural gas. These are used in the petro-chemical industry, artificial limps, heart valves, vinyl flooring and carpeting, cell phones and several other products.
Equinor ASA has operations in more than thirty countries including North and South America, Australia, Europe, Africa and Asia.
The company employs more than 20 200 people and is headquartered in Stavanger, Norway.
HISTORY OF EQUINOR
- The company is first known as Statoil and is founded in 1972. Statoil is the first Norwegian company to be the responsible operator in the North Sea’s Gullfaks in 1979.
- In the early 1980’s the company buys its first operations. It becomes a major gas player in Europe and purchases several businesses to enlarge its portfolio.
- In 2001 the company starts trading on the New York Stock Exchange as well as the Oslo. It expands to the Gulf of Mexico, Algeria, Nigeria, Angola and Azerbaijan. In 2007 the company becomes the largest offshore operator in the world when it merges with the oil and gas division of Hydro. In the next few years it buys more businesses and expands into the wind and solar industries.
- Statoil changes its name to Equinor in 2018.
VISION & VALUES OF EQUINOR
- Equinor ASA invests in new energy opportunities that will battle climate change and create long term value. The company’s purpose is to use natural resources for energy and evolve society. Equinor has three sustainable goals – responsible actions, low-carbon advantages and creating value.
- The company operates responsibly and ensures the safety of employees, communities and the environment. In 2017 Equinor achieves 1st place in Climate Risk Preparedness in the Investor Climate Compass: Oil and Gas by IIGCC.
- Another goal for the company is to offer its customers high quality products at affordable prices.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF EQUINOR
- Equinor ASA trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “EQNR”.
- Data analysis for the company’s second quarter 2019 results report adjusted earnings of $ 3.15 billion, after tax it is $ 1.13 billion.
- Operating income is $ 3.52 billion. Net income is $ 1.48 billion. Cash flow provided by operating activities is $ 11.96 billion for the first six months of 2019. Organic capital expenditure is $ 4.82 billion. Dividends are $ 0.26 per share.